The Federal Civilian Solutions (FCS) mission area helps clients architect, acquire, integrate, deploy, and manage the right solutions and technology to support their missions. Our teams use advanced analytics, innovative technology, systems engineering, and program and acquisition management to improve operations of our federal civilian customer missions.
The Telecommunications Engineer will support Federal clients in their telecom and enterprise VoIP strategy planning and acquisition. The Telecommunications Engineer will work collaboratively with the Noblis team and the client to develop an overall telecom strategy leveraging VoIP applications, and support the acquisition of the strategic solution. This includes the identification of business and technical requirements, voice infrastructure and operations and management requirements, development of an overall strategy that aligns the benefits of enterprise VoIP with the client’s business and technical needs. The candidate will also support the client in developing and executing an acquisition strategy to procure the enterprise VoIP solution. This will include RFP development, vendor proposal evaluations, cost evaluations, contract negotiation support, transition planning and cutover assistance. The candidate will work closely with government personnel and other Noblis professionals in a team environment.
- Business requirements analysis and documentation
- Technical and operational requirements analysis and documentation
- Alternatives analysis and strategy development
- RFP development
- Vendor proposal evaluation
- Technical, economic, and operational analyses
- Assistance with development of briefings and reports
- Extensive direct client interaction
- Identification of telecommunications and network infrastructure implementation priorities
- Analysis of technical and integration issues of proposed architectures and operations
- Coordination of transition implementation activities
- Escalating implementation problems; working with service providers to resolve chronic technical outages
- Development and tracking of Technical Performance Measures (TPM)
- Support and lead evolving business development efforts by applying technical and functional expertise to develop and implement business solutions.
- Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions
• Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope beyond current deliverable and actively share information about clients’ emerging support needs and trends with team members and management.
· Participate on proposals
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or quantitative discipline required. Master's degree is strongly preferred in telecommunications, computer science, or related.
- Ten or more years of progressive experience in the telecommunications/IT field
- Knowledge of IP Telephony/VoIP from both business and technical standpoints
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- Strong analytic and creative problem solving abilities are required.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience transforming legacy voice services to VOIP or wireless technology.
- Experience with Federal Government customer telecommunications networking
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, hairstyles historically associated with race or other characteristics protected by law.