CBM of America is a rapidly growing EF&I (Engineer, Furnish, and Install) firm operating nationwide in the Telecommunications ISP Data Center and Central Office space. We are currently looking for experienced candidates to join our team of world-class professionals to lead the industry in quality deployments for the largest networks in the world.
CBM of America, Inc. is committed to building a communications technology solutions company consisting of innovative, dedicated and passionate professionals, who are intensely focused on delivering complete customer satisfaction. Our intention is to build a reputation that is second to none for always meeting or exceeding customer expectations by delivering every product, and every service, on time with the highest quality possible. To build a company that always keeps its promises.
CBMA has a current need for a seasoned leader in our Installation Division to drive new, forward thinking processes that will assist in our effort to continue to differentiate ourselves from our competition. The selected candidate will possess a broad understanding of installation practices in critical communications facilities such as central offices, data centers and remote terminals. The individual will have significant experience managing a sizable team of installation technicians, and will drive first-class quality installations while maintaining profitability and meeting customer deadlines.
Installation Supervisor (Central Office telecom experienced)
Responsible for providing CBM representation in relation to critical installation opportunities in various critical facility environments. Will assist in the development and implementation of new procedures for special projects and will be the liaison between engineering/warehousing and installation services. This person will report directly to the Manager of Installation Services
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecom services/operations. Requires organizational and communications skills and a thorough understanding of our internal processes.
• Interface with customers to promote and support local and national projects and installations
• Become proficient with internal project management software as it applies to tracking all aspects of order flow.
• Work with customers in the development of sales proposals. This includes project walk-throughs, on-site presence.
• Manage job-related materials and their deployment from ordering through completion of the project.
• Develop man load requirements and installer skill sets required to support the installation
• Manage a team of technicians from start to completion of projects and installations.
• Interface with internal departments to ensure all aspects of each order are completed effectively.
• Coordinate the delivery of materials and specific tools required to support the installation
• Maintain awareness of the status of all assigned projects and installations throughout their lifespan.
• Responsible for the overall Quality Assurance of each order
• Lead by example and mentor subordinates.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to create spreadsheets and word documents.
• Ability to understand and communicate with our customers.
• Ability to work in a changing environment.
• Ability to be sensitive to our customer’s dynamic needs
• Ability to respond to sensitive inquires and complaints
• Ability and confidence to make key decisions that affect all facets of an installation order
CBM of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• The employee will be required to use his/her hands 20% of the time to type, write, and handle paperwork. Additionally, he/she may need to participate in the physical aspects of equipment installation.
• The employee will be sitting at a desk 30% of the time with walking between offices and other work areas.
• The employee may, from time to time, be required to lift weight (i.e., paper boxes and products) up to 30 pounds.
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) is generally required, as the employee will be working at a computer and will perform equipment installation.
• The work environment will consist of a business office setting as well as typical telecom equipment areas and data centers.
• There will be travel approximately 50 percent of the time that will require overnight stays as our customers have national presence.