WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Michael Baker International seamlessly integrates all our service offerings - architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering and management - to solve client challenges from multiple vantage points, providing unsurpassed holistic, sustainable, and innovative solutions. From high-profile, high-image landmarks to low-cost, utilitarian solutions, our professionals know how to balance image and cost appropriately for each unique situation. At Michael Baker International, we believe that the beauty of a project resides both in performance and aesthetics - "success" to us is measured by functionality, value, and exceeding clients' expectations to "Make a Difference."
Michael Baker International is seeking a Telecommunications Manager to join our Moon Township, PA office. Qualified candidates will have experience developing comprehensive information and communications technology (ICT) systems designs for buildings including but not limited to telecommunications, audiovisual, and electronic security systems for a broad range of project types. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical expertise for telecommunications design staff and general supervision by managing workload among staff, providing quality controls reviews, and providing designer of record responsibilities for work performed by staff. The role also requires development of telecommunication design scopes of work and associated fees.
With a current focus on growing Federal, Department of Defense, and International project opportunities, along with market-driven diversification including Healthcare and Transit, candidate will work in multi-disciplinary, collaborative project design teams with architects, interior designers, civil engineers, and other building systems engineers.
- Perform complex analysis, calculations, design, evaluation and inspection for a specific area of technical expertise which includes Telecommunications, Audiovisual, and Electronic Security Systems to support project objectives
- Review project plans and specifications and confer with other disciplines and managers to determine assistance required in plan preparation, evaluation of project conditions, design changes and reports
- Front-facing to clients; perform client and project needs assessments, determine and discuss potential solutions, and ensure satisfactory customer service
- Prepare and present technical and program information to team members, management, and clients
- Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, design, review, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned task
- Coordinate or perform field work to gather data and materials
- Maintain a working knowledge of government and industry design criteria and standards
- Prepare designs, specifications and construction documents
- Prepare detailed scopes of work and fee estimates
- Apply quality assurance and quality control reviews
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 10 years of related experience, 5 of which include experience with the following systems: Data/Voice structured cabling systems, audiovisual presentation and conferencing systems, wireless systems including Wi-Fi, public safety distribution systems, access control, intrusion detection and video surveillance systems
- Previous management experience preferred
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) Certification
- Outside Plant Designer (OSP) certification preferred
- Knowledge of Unified Facilities Criteria, National Electric Code, IECC, ASHRAE 90.1
- Experience with Autodesk Revit/AutoCAD and Microsoft office (Word/Excel). Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Ability to work collaboratively with other interfacing multi-disciplinary team members
- Demonstrated administrative, organizational and staff management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with government, industry, local codes, regulations, and standards governing design and construction projects
- Availability for periodic travel