Telecommunications Mechanic I
Where: Fort Riley, KS
Pay Rate: $26.65/hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life & Disability Insurance
Work Schedule: Full Time
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People with Disabilities.”
Individuals with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply: visit our website at www.skookum.org to complete an application and upload a resume.
Skookum is seeking a Telecommunications Mechanic I to join our team at Fort Riley. This individual will install, remove, maintain, modify, troubleshoots, and repairs voice and/or non-voice communications systems including intercom and public address systems, alarm systems, teletype equipment, and electronic and electromechanical telephone key systems/PBAXs; terminal and communications equipment, including line drivers.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Runs cables, key cables, or house wire to all telephone sets, terminal connectors, lugs, pins, or screws associated with key telephone equipment and/or terminating equipment for non-voice circuits.
- Maintains required work, time, material, and equipment maintenance records to update equipment service workbook and daily task sheets consistent with current contract requirements.
- Accurately determines needed repair parts and generate parts request.
- Operate, clean, and maintain required tools and special equipment.
- Minor repairs and perform services as outlined in established manufacturer technical manuals.
- Maintain preventive maintenance and repair records in electronic format.
- Minimum 2 years experience in fire detection and signaling systems.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in fire alarm systems (which includes alarm and detection, notification, sprinkler monitoring, and interfaces and controls for agent releasing suppression systems (either agent or water-based systems) in installation, inspection, testing, commissioning, technical system estimating and sales, plans preparation, or maintenance).
- Knowledge of alarm panels, communications systems, devices, critical components, life safety, and local codes.
- Knowledge of basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities, fire sprinkler systems and fire alarm circuitry associated with low voltage systems and is preferred.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow: drawings, works plans, maps, manufacturer technical manuals, lubrication instructions, water schematics to ensure proper diagnosis and repair during annual inspections.
- Valid State Driver’s license required with the ability to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance company.
- Must be certified per UFC 3-601-02 and possess NICET Level II in inspection and testing of fire sprinkler inspection with supporting documentation or training documentation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances as background checks will be conducted for this position.
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer- W/M/Veteran/Disabled • Skookum participates in E-Verify.
*Javits-Wagner-O’Day Act (41 U.S.C. 46-48c)