Telecommunications Mechanic II
Where:Fort Riley, KS
Pay Rate: $29.79/hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life & Disability Insurance
Work Schedule: Full Time
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People with Disabilities.”
Individuals with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply: visit our website at www.skookum.org to complete an application and upload a resume.
Skookum is seeking a Telecommunications Mechanic II to join our team at Fort Riley. This individual will install, test, troubleshoot, program, maintain, and repair digital switching equipment, attendant consoles, power and ringing relay racks, miscellaneous telephone, radio, fire alarms, intrusion alarms, and computer data circuits and related apparatus required in the central switching office. This worker analyzes system failures and other unusual system occurrences to isolate the source of the problem and determine whether the failure is caused by software, hardware, or other factors.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Runs cables, key cables, or house wire to all telephone sets, terminal connectors, lugs, pins, or screws associated with key telephone equipment and/or terminating equipment for non-voice circuits.
- Maintains required work, time, material, and equipment maintenance records to update equipment service workbook and daily task sheets consistent with current contract requirements.
- Accurately determines needed repair parts and generate parts request.
- Operate, clean, and maintain required tools and special equipment.
- Minor repairs and perform services as outlined in established manufacturer technical manuals.
- Maintain manual and/or computerized central office records, including detail records, traffic analysis records, cable records, line records, subscriber service records, and spare parts inventories.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in fire detection and signaling systems.
- Minimum of 33 months experience in fire alarm systems (which includes alarm and detection, notification, sprinkler monitoring, and interfaces and controls for agent releasing suppression systems (either agent or water-based systems) in installation, inspection, testing, commissioning, technical system estimating and sales, plans preparation, or maintenance).
- Knowledge of alarm panels, communications systems, devices, critical components, life safety, and local codes.
- Knowledge of basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities, fire sprinkler systems and fire alarm circuitry associated with low voltage systems and is preferred.
- Knowledge of installation, repair and maintenance environmental protection requirements.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow: drawings, works plans, maps, manufacturer technical manuals, lubrication instructions, water schematics to ensure proper diagnosis and repair during annual inspections.
- Knowledge of NFPA rules and regulations.
- Valid State Driver’s license required with the ability to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance company.
- Must be certified per UFC 3-601-02 and possess NICET Level III in inspection and testing of fire sprinkler inspection with supporting documentation or training documentation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances as background checks will be conducted for this position.
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer- W/M/Veteran/Disabled • Skookum participates in E-Verify.
*Javits-Wagner-O’Day Act (41 U.S.C. 46-48c)