CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Services company, is looking for a Business Support Specialistto support work at a Federal client sitein Bethesda, MD.
Duties may require telephone, voice paging, electronic signal, information and trouble reporting, and ordering services. Responsibilities are not limited to and may include the following:
- Serves as sole operator on a workstation;
- Handles incoming and outgoing calls, including long distance and conference calls, in a prompt, courteous manner;
- Obtains proper billing information for toll calls, and rejects unauthorized calls or refers caller to prescribed authorizing official;
- Adheres to directives given by Supervisors and Program Manager regarding handling heavy volume of traffic pertaining to Government and other related agencies, restricted lines, and other procedures;
- Obtains information by utilizing a teledirectory network and personal computer;
- Responds to calls from the public by directing them to the appropriate agency office;
- May be required to respond to calls that relate to a potential or actual agency-related emergency by connecting them to the appropriate party, as designated by standard operating procedures;
- May be required to serve as an Information Operator for a Government agency, supplying numbers, extensions, names, etc., and performing locator services as required. In complex situations, questions callers as necessary to determine the appropriate organizational referral;
- May be required to operate call center equipment, personal computers, facsimile machines, specialized equipment for audio teleconferencing bridges, telecommunications devices for the deaf (TDD), ISDN telephone instruments, and office furniture necessary for performance of the position;
- May be required to perform directory and record keeping, including forms, logs, and other records necessary to perform the call center services;
- May be required to update call center and backup console telephone directory databases; and
- May be required to maintain logs and records of communication activities in accordance with call center standard operating procedures.
- Able to pass a US Office of Personnel Management (OPM) background investigation;
- Experienced and skilled in the use of the following equipment, as required:
- Personal computers;
- Facsimile machines;
- Specialized equipment for audio teleconferencing bridges;
- Telecommunications devices for the deaf (TDD);
- ISDN telephone instruments.
- Able to type using word processing software;
- Courteous, professional, and knowledgeable of job-specific information requirements; when required, shows empathy with the callers’ concerns.
- High school graduate or equivalency;
- Experienced in fundamental telephone techniques and etiquette;
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook;
- Experienced in using reference tools such as telephone directories, personnel locator files, and organization charts.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team!