CBM of America is a rapidly growing EF&I (Engineer, Furnish, and Install) firm operating nationwide in the Telecommunications ISP Data Center and Central Office space.
We are currently looking for experienced candidates to join our team of world-class professionals to lead the industry in quality deployments for the largest networks in the world. Interested parties should possess a keen understanding of telecommunications engineering and installation practices, and share a desire to provide the best service in the business.
CBM of America offers its full time employees a competitive pay and benefits package.
Quality Control Engineer
Reports to: Manager - Engineering
Responsible for performing quality control of telecom Detail Engineering deliverables.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Review Engineering Deliverables including
- Bills of Material
- Detailed Specifications
- Methods of Procedure
- Office Drawings
- Customer Internal Database Records
- Labeling and other templates for use in the installation field
- Utilize customer drawings, manufacturer specifications, and industry standards to determine accuracy of Engineering Deliverables
- Establish conformance that specified telecom industry standards are met.
- Communicate with Engineering Staff to provide corrections required to meet CBM quality standards.
- Provide and document approvals once Deliverables meet CBM quality standards
- Provide technical support for engineers.
- Develop and update job aids, tools and templates for engineers to improve the quality and efficiency of engineering deliverables
- Educate engineers and installers to have an in-depth understanding of the engineering & installation requirements to be audited, identify control risks to improve efficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Must possess subject matter expertise and competence in telecom industry specializing in central office engineering and installation standards.
- Must possess the ability to provide negative feedback in a constructive manner.
- Must work well with a variety of people and be able to coordinate cross-functioned work groups to achieve results.
- Experience developing and/or auditing the following deliverables: Detailed Specifications, Bills of Material, Method of Procedures, AutoCAD Drawings, Database Records
- Must be able to balance workload to ensure efficiency metrics are maintained.
Credentials, Experience And Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years telecom Engineering/installation experience.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of telecom industry specializing in central office engineering and installation standards through joint audits with senior management.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write reviews in a clear and concise manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities. The employee will most often likely be seated. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
- On-the-job training is the principle training for this position.
- Attend CBM’s IP72013 Engineering and IP72202 Installation quality classes.
Telecommunications Specialist / Engineer