GLOTECH, Inc., founded in 1995, is a privately and minority-owned company serving military, federal and commercial clients - http://www.glotech.net/about-us/
We are a successful Information Technology firm with a large staff currently providing superior information technology and advanced engineering services around the world. Our success is built on attracting and retaining quality staff through a highly competitive benefits package with a special focus on continuing career development and corporate financial support. We also maintain a collegial working environment and offer our staff opportunities to improve and enhance their skills.
To provide the best possible service to our customers and assist in establishing the procedures and processes that would aid our staff in producing quality services and products, we sought and achieved ISO 9001:2015 certification and were successfully appraised at CMMI Level 3. We maintain a formal quality management system and have adopted continuous quality improvement as a basic principle and underpinning for all work we perform, whether for customers or corporate support functions. Our senior managers bring decades of experience in their respective areas of expertise, including in executive-level, leadership roles in the federal government, and use the knowledge gained to achieve superior program and project performance.
GLOTECH, Inc. seeks a Telecommunications Specialist (Avaya/Nortel Meridian Systems) to join our current team. This position requires an active and current Secret government security clearance.
Work Location: Arlington, VA
We provide training and professional development to the personnel of the Department of State and Foreign Service community, supporting training programs identified by the DoS IT and end user projects.
This position trains DOS Information Management Specialists (IMS), Information Management Technical Specialists (IMTS), locally engaged staff (LES) and Diplomatic Security (DS) and employees from other U.S. Government agencies on a variety of telephone systems and related equipment.
Specifically, the Telecommunications Specialist will perform the following work responsibilities, on a regular basis:
- Teach courses as assigned.
- Responsible for the classroom, which includes setting up computers, virtual labs, and instruction material. In addition, prepare student evaluations to include performance and learning deficiencies. Conduct student counseling and recommend corrective action to ensure acceptable student performance.
- Exercise excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both oral and written, and be able to present state of the art training concepts and methodologies using Department of State delivery technology to students within the Department and other government agencies.
- Act as an Instructor in adult-oriented, technical training environment and apply comprehensive knowledge of training methods and behavior sciences associated with adult education instruction.
- Perform special projects as required, to include but not limited to, attending special seminars and training, to gather information for exercise and curriculum development and presentations.
- Consult with customers, analyze requirements, and develop, revise, and/or adapt instruction materials to meet the functional needs of Department of State employees.
- Update curricula and courseware for courses as required to meet industry and DOS standards.
- Design and participate in workshops, seminars, and review sessions.
- Assist in the development and revision of industry standard training. This may involve, among other issues, choosing the most appropriate COTS course material.
- Design classroom seminars and workshops to meet the needs of specialized users as needed.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring and review sessions from time-to-time to augment classroom and online training, to include responding to student questions submitted after classes have concluded.
- Travel to domestic and overseas locations to conduct training.
- Must work with other instructors to physically install/configure new equipment for the classroom training environment, including the replacement of failed electronics that provide the training platforms for students.
- Adhere to established SAIT policies, processes, and procedures.
GLOTECH, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
A minimum of five (5) years of experience and working knowledge of engineering, standard installation practices, operation and maintenance procedures are required.
Active SECRET security clearance is required.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Programming and maintaining the Avaya/Nortel Meridian family of switches including CS1000E Call Server. Vendor Certification is desired.
- Programming and maintaining various Avaya/Nortel Meridian switches, i.e. 11C, 51C, 61C, and 81C PBX systems, at Succession 3.0 or higher. Vendor Certification is desired.
- Programming and maintaining advanced Avaya/Nortel Meridian, Call Pilot, Digital Trunk Interface and Primary Rate Interface (DTI/PRI). Vendor Certification is desired.
- Identifying and resolving network switching, routing, and real time communications (VoIP & RoIP) problems.
- Minimum Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) level certification required within 90 days of starting work.
- Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) certification is required within 90 days of starting work.
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Call Accounting Systems - Background and working knowledge of Call Detail Recording for Avaya/Meridian Systems. Ability to work with and configure third party Call Accounting Systems such as Phoneware CallBill.
- Telephone Security - Background and working knowledge of Tempest, Operational Security, Communications Security (COMSEC) and Telephone Security Group (TSG) principles are desired.