VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets.
VT Group is seeking a Telecommunications Technician with local and non-local travel.
Familiar with a variety of complex installations and repairs of telecommunications systems and equipment, and performs the following duties:
- Uses knowledge of and experience with Inside and Outside Plant operations to ensure rodding, roping, and fiber splicing and tipping are properly performed.
- Oversees or participates in the installation of structured cabling systems (fiber optic and copper).
- Oversees or participates in building telecommunication closets while adhering to applicable standards and specifications.
- Ensures grounding and bonding are compliant with applicable standards and codes.
- Ensures fire stopping procedures are accurately followed.
- Oversees or participates in testing and troubleshooting of structured cabling systems.
- Ensures transmission fundamentals of copper and fiber media are maintained.
- Troubleshoots entire communications system to determine if problems are related to hardware or cabling.
- Tests and evaluates newly installed or existing hardware to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility.
- Utilizes technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment which meets establishment requirements.
- Reviews timesheets and expense reports for accuracy, approves these documents, and ensures they are submitted in accordance with company procedures.
- Compiles, reviews and/or submits other reports, such as site reports or project status reports, as required by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software/
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- BICSI Installer or Technician preferred.
- Factory training / certifications such as Corning, Commscope, Panduit, etc, preferred.
- Valid driver's license if required to drive company owned or rented vehicles.
- Active DOD security clearance or the ability to obtain one required.
- Must have valid US Passport.
- Job include local and worldwide travel.
- Capable of climbing ladders and working in confined spaces in support of the telecommunications scope.
- Experience in understanding of floor plan drawings showing locations of work area outlets, telecom closet layouts, rack/cabinet mounting/grounding, and other schematics.
- Experience in installation of cable conveyances such as J-hooks, cable tray, conduit, ladder rack, etc.
- VT Group is a drug free workplace and our employees are subject to Federal Government mandated pre-employment and random drug screenings.
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.