The Connected Products Department under Connected Solutions division (CSD) of Honda North America is seeking a highly-motivated, experienced senior product manager to work in a team environment, responsible for one's product and end to end product development lifecycle including orchestration, design, development, implementation, and support of leading edge connected products. The Sr. Product Manager will be among the senior members of the Solutions Delivery Operations department within CPD.
The Solutions Delivery Operations department is responsible for managing and delivering multiple large-scale programs/projects, implementing telematics mobile and web client apps, backend platform applications and associated back office systems, as well as managing the operations of telematics applications that deployed on Honda retail products.
Reporting to the Product Delivery Team Manager, this role will be responsible for working with all levels of business and technical (IS) management and teams to lead the delivery of both strategic and tactical projects, overseeing multiple initiatives across the enterprise. This role will require extensive collaboration and coordination with Honda business, internal and external IS organizations within the North American region as well as globally.
Aside from delivery responsibilities, this role will also work closely with the Team Manager and other department leaders to continuously develop and innovate the department's product management methodology and assist project managers within products in the application of this methodology.
The candidate must exhibit drive, thought leadership and have very strong problem-solving and organizational capabilities to lead the delivery of complex technology solutions, including understanding business and technical aspects of the system and navigating a highly complex multi-organization ecosystem. The individual will be responsible for orchestrating and providing governance and end to end product management to deliverly partner and work streams within a product, in addition to developing and delivering proposals, dashboards, and presentations to all levels of business and IS management.
- Responsible for creating and managing the Product Roadmap, Product Quality and satisfaction. Defines Product features, requirements and prioritizes the Product Backlog to streamline the execution of Business priorities according to the product's vision, roadmap and goals. Works with Business Stakeholders to determine application and individual project needs. Makes sure that the overall Business KPIs are realized through the product roadmap
- Provide governance in large-scale end-to-end application development, which includes the following: developing full-scale product plans; reviewing project plans and associated communications documents; validating resource estimates, work effort, dependencies, technologies, etc. needed to achieve project goals; identifying risks and guiding mitigation plans; effectively engaging, communicating and collaborating with project and management stakeholders at all levels
- Responsible for overall Product development lifecycle including assisting project theme sheets based on business goals and objectives, organizing internal and external project teams during project initiation/pre-scope, product development through AD while meeting QCD, warranty / production support (enhancements and defect management) to maintain product quality through AMS, and conducting continuous PDCA to improve one's Product development lifecycle
- Oversee and manage PMO and budget responsibilities for one's product which includes the following: ensuring compliance with status and budget reporting; performing budget forecasting and tracking; managing to approved budget; planning and executing projects within one's product commitments to departmental KPIs; contributing to the development and innovation of delivery methodology for the Connected Product department
- IS related Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of product, project or program management experience with large, multi-team, complex projects
- 3-5 years of delivering custom, consumer-facing (B2C), Internet, N-tier applications
- 3-5 years of technology management experience
- 2-3 years of experience managing professionals leading teams, groups and vendors
- 2-3 years of managing outsourced/offsite vendors
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Flexible during times of change
- Able to read communication styles of team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Able to coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project managers and project team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Able to build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Able to elicit cooperation from stakeholders, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Able to defuse tension among project team, should it arise
- Able to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills to analyze, synthesize, and create linkages between business challenges and IT solutions
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new processes and technologies
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Customer-focused, innovation-focused, and tenacious
- Bilingual in English/Japanese is a plus
- Experience delivering with hybrid Agile methodology
- Technical understanding of mobile, web, Java and services-based solutions
- Proficient with tools such as MS Project and PowerPoint
- Adept with use of iOS and/or Android mobile technology (smartphone, tablet)
- Familiarity with tools such as Jira and Confluence