Telemetry Technician / Full Time Evenings (LIJMC)Job Number:002KIV
Description-Observes various monitors and alerts nurses and physicians to changes in the patient�s rate, rhythm and the occurrence of arrhythmias.
- Observes cardiac and other monitors on patients.
- Recognizes arrhythmias and obtains documentary strip.
- Reports all arrhythmias to nurse responsible for patient.
- Obtains a baseline strip each shift on all monitored patients.
- Replaces electrode pads, wires and batteries as needed.
- Obtains EKG’s as necessary.
- Assures that all emergency equipment is cleaned and checked.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Must successfully complete LIJMC’s training program.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a hospital setting functioning as a Nursing Attendant/Telemetry Technician, required OR Successful completion of an Advanced Medical Technician program, required OR Successful completion of a CCU course, required.
- Ability to operate cardiac monitors and EKG machine, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and follow written and/or oral instructions.
Finance Job Family:ALH_AC
Primary Location:Nassau County-New Hyde Park-Long Island Jewish Medical Ctr
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time:4:00 PM-12:00 AM
Job Level:Team Member