Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, assumes responsibility for assisting the Nursing staff in the continuous monitoring of cardiac rhythms as designated in the guidelines for telemetry patients. Maintains monitoring equipment and keeps Nurse Manager informed.
- Completion of in service education course in arrhythmia detection. Completion of EKG test with annual credentialing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Working with the Telemetry tech’s,RN’s,LPN’S and PCA’s in a professional and courteous manor
- Being able to use critical thinking skills to evaluate and assess cardiac arrhythmias. Having an efficient and reliable assessment of the telemetry and communicating that information to a Physician or a nurse responsible for that patient
- Annual evaluation of competences by the education department
- 1 year experience preferred