The Teller/Courier will be cross-trained to perform in a Teller and a Courier capacity to provide adequate support and coverage for the assigned branch(es), market and/or region. While functioning as a teller, will provide excellent customer service and performs transactions such as cashing checks, receiving deposits, making withdrawals, receiving loan payments, making credit card advances and preparing change orders for customers. While functioning as a courier, will provide off-site pick-up and delivery, via company provided automobile, of bank transactions to business customers; will follow specific courier procedures, drive an assigned route, and ensure all customer transactions are completed daily in an accurate and timely manner; and will be responsible for maintaining accurate logs and records as well as general upkeep of the company provided vehicle which must be returned to the company daily.
Sell products such as Money Orders and Official checks as well as assisting customers with other product needs.
- High School diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent required.
- Six months previous cash handling, sales and/or customer service experience required.
- Excellent math and calculator skills with the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets via Microsoft Office products as well as custom applications and systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal, communication skills with the ability to read, write and communicate clearly with different levels of individuals and to understand general correspondence. Proficiency in multiple languages is desired, but not required.
- Ability to read and follow all policy and procedures material.
- Good organization skills, the ability to prioritize work, and the ability to follow instructions and routes
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle (company provided) and sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time. Couriers often drive up to 200 miles a day.
- The ability to regularly walk, sit, stand, lift, and reach. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record and adhere to all traffic laws. Motor Vehicle Record check will be done at least annually to ensure good standing.
- Must have the ability to report to assigned location(s).
Certificates Required: Valid State Driver's License
About the Company
At PlainsCapital, we’ve always had a trailblazing spirit. PlainsCapital was founded in 1988 by Alan White and a group of investors who raised the capital to acquire Plains National Bank, a Lubbock financial institution with one branch and $198.8 million in assets. Alan, who retired from his post as Chairman of PlainsCapital Bank in 2019, partnered with a team of young bankers who dreamed of bringing relationship banking to Lubbock, and they began to grow the bank one relationship at a time.
Today, PlainsCapital Bank is one of the largest banks in Texas based on deposit market share. Under the leadership of President and Chief Executive Officer Jerry Schaffner, we have a statewide presence with more than 60 locations in all major Texas markets. We are a strong and stable financial institution and a trusted community partner. We take pride in helping our customers blaze trails of their own, whether launching or expanding a business, raising a family, or moving into retirement. Our diverse range of services includes commercial banking, treasury management, private banking, and wealth management, as well as consumer banking.
To learn more, please visit us online at plainscapital.com/about.