Space Coast Credit Union is seeking a Member Service Specialist for our Melbourne Branch in Melbourne FL.
If you enjoy delivering exceptional customer service, like to interact with the public, and enjoy a variety of tasks, this is the job for you! Your excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task will enable you to easily adapt to SCCU's culture and utilize effective referral techniques for all SCCU products and services.
As a Member Service Specialist job duties will include processing transactions, deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments. Member Service Specialist also sell monetary instruments, assist Members with various services, processing check orders, open and close loans as scheduled, and process changes.
You will also be responsible for explaining various loan products and payment options such as dealer and private sale auto loans, credit cards, mortgage loans, equity loans and various insurance products.
Benefit eligibility is the first of the month following date of hire.
Monthly Incentive Package for Meeting Goals!
Special PERKS for SCCU Employees!
- Loan Discounts-Mortgage, 2nd Mortgage, Auto, Motorcycle, Boat etc.
- GAP coverage at half price
- Fixed low rate credit card
- Identify Protection at no cost
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Cash handling experience
- Sales experience and ability to recognize referral opportunities for all SCCU products and services
- Excellent communication skills (including verbal and written)
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- A great team player and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Good math skills
- Effective problem solving skills
6-12 months prior experience in cash handling and providing customer service. Experience servicing new accounts and consumer loan closing within a credit union, banking, or savings and loan environment is preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalency
Full Time 40 hours per week during branch operating hours:
Monday - Thursday 7:45am - 6:15pm. Fridays 7:45am - 7:15pm. Saturdays, Alternating on Rotation, 8:30am – 1:30pm.