By clicking "Send," you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our Terms
The Role Reporting to the Branch Manager, your official title will be Teller II. You'll join a small team in a branch focused on building business. The position has two key objectives, both equally important:
More specifically, you will:
- Providing excellent service to members, in person and over the phone.
- Cross-selling and recommending services to members, including making outbound calls.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- Greet and welcome members in a professional, courteous and timely manner providing prompt, accurate and effective member service in processing transactions.
- Process basic financial transactions, including, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, posting loan payments, transfers between accounts, gift cards, travelers checks and money orders.
- Promote, explain and cross-sell UNIFY's products and services to assist members in meeting their financial needs.
- Follow all UNIFY's policies and procedures which include but is not limited to, verifying deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and account balance amounts; obtaining proper identification and endorsements, verifying signatures, and maintaining proper check approval and cash drawer limits.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements with regards to Teller transactions are followed.
- Properly secure all negotiable items and confidential records at all times.
- Maintain a clean, uncluttered, and well-organized work area.
Pictured: UNIFY offers free webinars throughout the year on all things financial -- from money basics to tax strategies and more. Additionally, we partner with Experian to bring members Clue In on Credit -- free credit education and online webinars.
The Requirements To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a strong candidate for the Sales and Service Representative opportunity, you will have:
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of successful cash handling experience.
- At least six months of banking experience as a Teller would be helpful, but we also will consider candidates from collections or sales roles that involve influencing and discussing options, such as car, cell phone or insurance sales.
- A demonstrated ability to cross-sell, recommend products to customers/members, and see sales through to closing.
- Accuracy and a detail orientation (for example, you should be highly effective at balancing your personal checkbook register).
- Good basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- The ability to obtain and maintain Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) certification through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System & Registry (NMLS).
Preferred but not required:
- The drive and ambition to meet goals.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- High personal standards for ethics, integrity, and honesty.
- Reliability and dependability, including the ability to maintain strong attendance.
- The aptitude to learn and a commitment to professional growth and development.
We'll look to you to be flexible in your schedule. You also will need to be willing and able to travel overnight for two to three weeks of initial training.
- A friendly demeanor with good verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of basic banking products, services, policies and procedures.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of credit union philosophy (member-owners vs. stockholders).
- General knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance.