The Member Service Representative is responsible for assisting Golden 1 members and potential members with various financial needs and services. The ideal candidate will proactively engage with members and refer them to internal partners to assist them in achieving their financial goals. They will work with branch leadership to consistently improve in an effort to provide unmatched and exceptional member service. As a member advocate, they will work with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the organization to provide a seamless service experience.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
* Develop plans and goals to maintain focus on deepening relationships with members.
* Make quality referrals to ensure members are provided with solutions to meet their needs.
* Recognize and refer opportunities to appropriate internal service specialists as needed (i.e., Home Loans, Financial Services, etc.)
* Foster a positive and engaging work environment by inspiring others through words and actions and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
* Results-orientated; including a willingness to take on any task required to meet or exceed all team goals and objectives.
* Desire to take the initiative to identify, investigate and resolve complex member issues, including operational and support situations.
* Communicate effectively with branch leadership and back office departments.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Golden 1 policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
* Willingness and flexibility in taking on new responsibilities as business requires.
* Willingness to assist in staffing other areas of the branch as needed.
* Available to work weekends and/or extended hours required to run the business, including special events as they occur.
* Successful completion of required curriculum as appropriate to role.
* Attend meetings as required.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
* Effective oral and written communication skills required to ensure an exceptional member experience.
* Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an online computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
* INTERNAL: Branch and back office support
* EXTERNAL: Members, non-members and peers in financial institutions
* EDUCATION: Completed high school curriculum or GED.
* 1 year previous retail experience interacting with consumers.
* Cash handling experience desired.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Reliable work attendance.
* Professionalism in verbal and written communication.
* Knowledge of California Credit Union Law and Regulations.
* Comfortable with and willingness to learn and master new and emerging banking technology.
* Bilingual and multilingual a plus
* Must be able to frequently move about the branch to accomplish tasks.
* Prolonged standing throughout the workday at times.
* Corrected vision within the normal range.
* Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
* Ability to lift 30 lbs. as may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled