Date: Jan 3, 2020
Location:New York, NY, US, 10033
Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular - Our bottom line is you.
Wash Heights NY
We are currently searching for a part-time Teller to join our dynamic retail banking team! You will be primarily responsible for accurate processing of paying and receiving transactions while providing courteous, timely, and informative service to ensure that the customer feels completely satisfied.
You will play a key role in identifying clients needs and ensuring customers receive a positive impression of the organization.
In this position, you will:
- Effectively execute banking transactions and/or services in accordance to PCB policies and procedures and in adherence to legal and regulatory requirements
- Attentively listen to the customer to address any questions or problems the client may have
- Proactively prevent and resolve any customer problems or issues
- Utilize sales and customer service skills to promote the increased usage of digital channels
- Competently administer services and referral channels to deepen customer relationships
- Ensure all needs are met before concluding the transaction being sure to thank them for their business
- Possess a strong product and service knowledge
- Duties may include handling of the branch cash supply including cash shipments and teller/ATM buying and selling of cash.
- Re-stock and balance assigned cash drawer, ATM(s), cash recycler(s), vault(s) as required.
- Ensure workstations are organized and equipped for the start of the business day, complete all work within the regular work schedule
- Pro-actively identify fraudulent or forged documentation and/or activity, and report to management as appropriate.
- Follow minimum service expectations. Engage Customer with a welcoming smile, pleasant disposition, using the customer name whenever possible.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information, bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure cash is secured according to policy throughout course of day.
- Maintain minimum amount of cash in teller’s area and ensure cash is secured to be in compliance with security/safety measures.
- Interact and work closely with the management team to stay abreast of any new developments and initiatives in the bank.
- Assist in the processing of night depository bags and currency, and ATM settlements as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
To be considered, you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent coupled with a minimum of 6 months of cash handling experience.
- Ability to learn bank products/services as it relates to transaction processing and referrals, all teller procedures/policies and basic office equipment (inclusive of computer operations relevant to performing tasks).
- Ability to positively interact with customers in difficult and demanding situations.
- Excellent oral communication and mathematical skills.
- Exhibit adaptability in a team oriented environment.
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment:Law, Compliance, Part Time, Legal