Responsible to ensuring all visitors are taken care of in a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable manner and to provide administrative support to assigned departmental staff.
Target Hiring Range:Target Hiring Range: 12.78/hr - $15.31/hr
- Provide day-to-day business and administrative support
- Answer incoming calls, respond to emails and greet visitors inquiring about Garland
- Handle retail sales and online sales once implemented
- Document inquiries and track collateral materials, mail visitor information as requested
- Be familiar with all available visitor collateral and merchandise in the Garland Welcome Center
- Maintain brochure and merchandise inventory
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of existing Garland attractions (hotels, restaurants, attractions, facilities)
- Prepare monthly and yearly reports on the number of inquiries
- Maintain and reorder supplies when needed including merchandise
- Responsible for daily balancing of cash & check-out from merchandise sales
- Prepare welcome bags and names badges for groups when needed
- Ensure the public and storage areas are clean, organized and well stocked
- Ensure a cohesive working relationship with all staff, city personnel, public officials and area businesses
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously handle a variety of administrative tasks
- Ability to utilize and manage Microsoft Windows, Office, and Outlook
- Excellent customer service and telephone etiquette skills
- Proficient organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment and with minimal supervision
- Able to carry boxes weighing up to 40 pounds
Valid State of Texas Class C Driver License.
The incumbent works in a typical office environment, physical tasks will include lifting, squatting, bending, stooping, walking.