Responsible for performing entry level, professional responsibilities specific to the needs of the Downtown Development Office.
- Provide project support, particularly in the areas of customer service, research, data collection, analysis, public outreach, assisting with content curation and promotions via social media, and promotional events.
- May prepare written reports, presentations, communication, or correspondence on behalf of the department.
- May respond to phone and email queries on behalf of the Director.
- Schedule meetings, attend meetings for the purpose of recording minutes, and keep project notebooks up to date.
- Obtain project status updates from other staff members/internal contacts.
- Maintain customer service database.
- Some office support or administrative functions including filing, organizing, researching and coordinating purchases, and assisting with overflow work, etc.
High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
No experience required
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 2 years education or experience in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Business, Marketing & Communications, Project Management
- Experience working with small businesses
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Experience with ESRI and Adobe InDesign
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of business organizations
- Technical and communications skills, both oral and written
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to take on challenges and learn at a quick pace
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
Class C Drivers License
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from any environmental hazards or conditions. Depending on the location of the internship, may be exposed to some unpleasant environmental conditions.