I. Basic Function:
Provide routine custodial services to the university campus and to assist with special
II. Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Provide general routine cleaning service to the campus
1. Servicing offices, classrooms, dormitories, restrooms, hallways, lobbies, entrances, and other interior areas:
a. Empty trash receptacles, replacing liners when soiled or torn.
b. Dust horizontal surfaces and perform periodic dusting of vertical surfaces ceiling vents, blinds and details as directed.
c. Vacuum carpets and upholstered furniture in all areas.
d. Sweep or dust mop and wet mop hard surfaced floors.
e. Wash walls, doors, baseboards and windows as needed or as assigned.
f. Thoroughly clean restroom and restroom fixtures and replenish bathroom supplies as needed.
g. Read, understand and follow all safety procedures related to the operation of powered and manually operated equipment.
h. Work with chemicals and materials standard in the custodial field, includes reading and understanding MSDS sheets, and following all appropriate safety procedures related to the use of cleaning chemicals.
k. Drive electrical powered carts.
B. Provide routine hard floor and carpet maintenance
1. Stripping and waxing of floors.
2. Scrubbing and recoating or spray buffing of floors.
3. Cleaning of carpet and upholstery using various methods.
C. Provide assistance with Events set ups and Utilities work as needed.
D. Perform other cleaning or work related duties as needed for the University.
III. Supervision Received:
Lead worker, Custodial Supervisor, Custodial Manager
IV. Supervision over Others:
Position may be assigned basic team leader responsibilities.
Maintain a lifestyle with sound Christian principles and those established by the institution. Participate in the spiritual growth, development, care and support of other employees near this position.
Experience in general office housekeeping with a working knowledge in the safe use of industrial cleaning chemicals and equipment is preferred but not required. A demonstrated familiarity with approved modern techniques related to building maintenance and cleaning is also preferred but not required.
High School diploma preferred but not required.
D. Physical Demands:
1. Ability to push a minimum of 100 lbs.
2. Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. off the floor and load on an electric cart, or carry for short distances.
3. Ability to occasionally lift, push, or carry even heavier items.
4. Ability to climb a 10 foot ladder.
5. Ability to work an 8 hour shift on your feet.
6. Ability to move freely with frequent bending, kneeling and squatting.
E. Work Conditions
1. Ability to tolerate standard cleaning products.
F. Mental Demands
1. Ability to work efficiently under a moderate amount of stress.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with others.
3. Ability to follow directions and do things according to specified methods.
4. Ability to work effectively and be detail oriented with minimal supervision.
5. Willingness to vary shifts slightly or work extra hours as required.
Hours Per Week: 20