Provides day-to-day HR Generalist and point-of-contact support to Talladega Operations. Supports Human Resources Manager and assigned customers in employee relations, staffing, performance management, employee development and other initiatives. This is a temporary non-supervisory hourly position.
- Provide day-to-day generalist and point-of-contact support to Talladega Operations.
- Supports Human Resources Manager and Talladega Operations in execution of strategic initiatives including compensation and benefits, employee engagement survey, performance management, staffing, training and development.
- Administer HR policies and programs in partnership with supervisors and managers and other HR staff. Recommend policies, practices and programs to meet management and employee needs.
- Provide coaching on employee-related issues such as professional development, performance, investigations and disciplinary action.
- Maintain knowledge of HR policies and procedures, as well as state and federal labor laws.
- Processes documents and forms necessary for the implementation of various Human Resources policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices
- Maintains all necessary records and files to support review and audit
- Maintains HRIS system data including entry and reporting.
- Assist in the management and administration of company benefit programs
- Assist HR department with new hire orientations and benefit orientations
- Assist HR Department on other assignments and/or special projects as requested.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Strong ability to establish and maintain positive relationships at all levels while maintaining confidentiality
- Strong initiative, bias for action and a high sense of urgency
- Able to handle multiple tasks and function in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written & presentation; listening
- Strong customer service orientation; not customer compelled
- Self confidence; not afraid to actively voice opinion
- Strong team orientation, judgment and problem-solving skills
- Flexible; ability to adapt style/approach based on situational dynamics
- Ability to work variable hours in support of a multi-shift operation
- Work effectively at all levels within a matrix organization
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field required
- HR Generalist with 2+ years relevant experience
- Experience supporting a manufacturing operation preferred
- Experience with WorkDay and Kronos preferred
- PHR Certification preferred
Human Resources Assistant