Responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area.
Target Hiring Range: $9.59/hr - $11.51/hr
Applying to Temporary openings does not guarantee full-time employment with the City of Garland.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 2 years experience in the restaurant industry as a cook or food server
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of materials, care and use of restaurant tools and equipment used in food preparation, cooking and serving.
- Knowledge of food and equipment safety.
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Skill in communicating effectively with employees by oral and written means.
- Ability to prepare, serve and cater large groups such as golf tournaments.
- Ability to work all shifts including opening and closing the restaurant.
- Ability to plan orders, procure and receive food and supplies and utilizing an inventory tracking system.
- Ability to accurately and speedily execute assigned tasks
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
TABC Certified and Food Handler Certificate required, or ability to obtain within two weeks of employment
The incumbent works in a restaurant environment occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards including exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals. Occasional work and other physical labor such as standing, walking, bending/stooping, kneeling and squatting. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.