Avosys is a growing integrator of professional, technological and management solutions services. Founded in 1998, Avosys provides services nationwide to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. We recognize the foundation of our firm is our people and we continue to rise above our competition by hiring the best.
Avosys is seeking an Advanced Office Clerk to provide services to the military and their families at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam 15th Medical Group in Hickam, HI.
- Answers main office phone line. Directs telephone calls to appropriate section for assistance. Takes messages as required.
- Arranges and schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services.
- Organizes and researches patient records, extracts needed information, and reviews records for completeness, accuracy, and consistency within established guidelines.
- Conducts daily pull, delivery, and retrieval of patient records. Ensures arrival of medical records prior to appointment(s).
- Prepares reports regarding record statistics as necessary.
- Retires medical records in accordance with regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency and basic medical terminology required.
- Must have at least one year of experience in medical office scheduling, in an office setting, or at least one year in relevant experience or specialized Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator certification required.
- A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 WPM required.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, telephone systems and office automations systems, to perform a substantial range of medical record maintenance support.
For more information regarding this honorable opportunity to serve our Nation's Heroes and their families please contact Rene Reyna, Recruiter, at AReyna@Avosys.com or (210) 955-9445.
Reference Code: MSS.HI.AOC.1905
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Hickam, HI
Industry: Government Contracting
Shift: Day Business Hours
Salary: Based on Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact (210) 888-0775 or Jobs@Avosys.com for assistance.