Performs cleaning and minor servicing duties at schools, administrative support buildings and grounds.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Performs custodial duties including using regular and mechanical equipment; cleans, dusts, mops, vacuums; scrubs floors, walls and ceilings; replaces lamps and wall mounted fixtures; makes small furniture repairs, mows/trims grass and performs snow removal as required.
2. Perform all custodial tasks in accordance with standard practices of the institutional house keeping trades.
3. Performs custodial and related duties in a conscientious and safe manner.
4. Performs any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Assemble, disassemble, move and/or rearrange furniture, as required.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Basic knowledge of arithmetic, spelling, English, and grammar. Accuracy in checking and counting, requiring a basic skills knowledge. Equivalent to high school diploma. GED may be accepted.
Requires a minimum of up to three months experience, including one year of experience in general institutional housekeeping or any equivalent combination of training and experience.