This is a full time, temporary position with an approximate end date of 4/17/20. Continue your dental assisting career while you build working relationships with our dental team that could lead to a permanent position with benefits.
The person in this position assists the dental provider at chairside. In addition to this, the Dental Assistant is responsible for monitoring the dental department to ensure that it is stocked, clean and that the equipment is properly sterilized and is in good working order. Greets patients and prepare for treatment. Provides back-up support at the dental office to greet and register patients, answer phones, and filing on occasion.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: Experience as a dental assistant preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Registration as a Dental Assistant. All employees, CPR certification within 3 months of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual English/Spanish and demonstrating ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale; personable and likes to work with people including children; preferred: good manual dexterity and coordination, read and write dental and some medical terminology, knowledgeable in dental anatomy, accurately record dental charting, accurately measure and record vital signs, knowledgeable in dental materials and instruments, perform BLS and be able to call emergency personnel, knowledgeable with regards to infection control techniques, able to accurately expose radiographs and mount them at a diagnostically acceptable level (with a minimum of retakes), knowledgeable in oral health care instruction, and able to perform four-handed dental assisting: instrument transfer, oral evacuation, cement mixing, and spatulation. Basic computer skills and knowledge required.
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.