Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Schedule:8 months, M-F, 8.30 a.m - 4.30 p.m Central Time
Reports to: Manager, Internship Program Advising
Direct reports: None
Start date:October 1, 2019 or sooner
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 9,500 study abroad students every year.
From our headquarters in Chicago to our 400+ study abroad programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior academic and cultural environment.
We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we actively recruit students from diverse populations and provide more than $5 million in scholarships year after year. We are proud that our students are as diverse and exciting as the countries we study.
We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with study abroad.
Summary of position:
The Temporary Internships Program Advisor is responsible for providing top quality pre-departure advising, preparation, and service for IES Internships students, their families and home school personnel leading up to the start of full-time summer and semester Internship Programs. This role serves as the expert on several IES Internships programs for both external and internal audiences. Additionally, this role assists with occasional coverage for recruiting work and assists with team projects as needed.
Program Advisor Duties:
- Provide friendly, accurate, and prompt pre-departure support and information to IES Internships students, parents, and education institution staff through written and verbal (telephone) communications
- Maintain excellent records of all communications
- Utilize various database and web technology in all daily functions
- Provide call and email coverage for team members when needed
- Liaise with other departments to answer student questions and monitor any internship program changes/enhancements
- Communicate program changes/enhancements to all team members and relevant departments
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction as measured by student retention, student satisfaction surveys and alumni surveys
- Assist team with event planning for and during internships
- Act as an essential point of contact with Internship Coordinators at IES overseas Centers
- Work closely with Manager, Internship Program Advising on gathering data and working on projects as needed
- Work with Internship Coordinators for all locations to collect internship and host employer data
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential for the position
- Cover for College Relations Managers at Internship recruiting events, study abroad fairs and other events as needed
- Any other task or duty as assigned or required
Experience & Qualifications/Skills:
- Experience working in the field of study abroad/international education, internships or a comparable area preferred but not required
- Knowledge of basic higher education admissions and registration principles, practices and processes
- Strong interpersonal communication and advising abilities with exceptional customer service focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Skilled in handling stressful situations, i.e., advising anxious students
- The ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
EducationLicenses and/or Certifications etc.:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Open until position is filled.
No phone calls or emailed status inquiries accepted.
Successful candidates will be contacted directly and will be sent the full Job Description.
How to Apply:
All applicants should submit an application including cover letter, resume, and hourly wage requirements by clicking 'Apply Now' at the right hand side of this page.
Please visitwww.IESabroad.org/jobsfor more information about working at IES Abroad.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
IES Abroad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We strive to treat people with respect; fully utilizing employee's abilities and promoting workforce diversity.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation or genetic information or veteran status and/or any other status protected by applicable laws.