Covenant Community Care, a faith based charitable non-profit Community Health Center serving the people of Metro Detroit has an immediate opportunity for a temporary medical assistant to work at its Moross outpatient family practice clinic. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we offer integrated medical, dental and behavioral health care to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
This position will assist physicians with direct patient care and assists the Nurse Clinic Manager and other areas as needed, carries out services as part of a comprehensive medical team and will serve to assure quality and efficiency. Must have a flexible working schedule and be willing to work at least one evening weekly (until 8:00 p.m.)
Specific duties include:
- Assisting physician with patient care, office visits, procedures, injections and sterilization of instruments.
- Sets up, cleans and re-stocks patient rooms, communicates with patients about laboratory results, appointments and hospital admissions.
- Will call pharmacy to confirm refills and document services in compliance with Covenant’s Quality Assurance Plan.
- Administers injections, draws blood and takes lab specimens.
- The successful candidate we be supportive of the organization’s mission and goals and will possess certification as medical assistant (highly desirable) and/or completion of a technical program for medical assisting.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a professional team delivering healthcare in a community setting as well as the ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately is essential.
Flexibility in days and hours available for scheduled work as well as the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and the push a patient is a wheelchair required.
Please apply on company website: https://covenantcommunitycare.org/job-openings/
Job Type: Temporary