Come work for one of Oregon's 2018 Most Admired Companies!
Temporary Resident Support Assistant
Temporary Full-Time/Part-Time Day, Evening, Night, and Weekend Shifts Available.
Day Shift: 6:00am-2:00pm
Evening Shift: 2:00pm-10:00pm
Night Shift: 10:00pm-6:00am
835 Crater Lake Avenue
Medford, Oregon 97504
This position is responsible for supporting front-line clinical staff in meeting resident needs. Duties will be directed to providing quality of life for the resident and does not require certification.
- Assist in answering call lights and access clinical staff if indicated
- Make beds and ensure that resident room is cleaned after care provided by Nursing Assistant
- Assist residents in hair care (i.e. combing/brushing hair)
- Prepare residents for meals (wash hands, position to table, placing protective cover)
- Perform after meal care (remove tray, wash resident’s hands and face)
- Serve meal trays to residents, excluding high risk resident.
- Pick up meal trays and take tray carts back to kitchen.
- Keep resident’s water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water and within easy reach (each shift)
- Pass snacks
- Assist the patient in visitation with family by phone or electronically (ipad)
- Assist in transporting residents as necessary
- Assist with 1:1 activities as directed by Activity Director
- Checks resident’s routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are met, accesses clinical staff if indicated.
- Provides 1:1 supervision for behaviorally challenged resident, accesses clinical staff as indicated.
- Assist with environmental clean and laundry upon request
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years or older
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- 8-hour orientation to be completed prior to working on floor
Every so often in a lifetime there is a chance to make a difference. That time is now. During this time of uncertainty, please know if you’ve lost hours, been laid off, or are trying to figure out how you can help the most vulnerable population -- we have a spot for you at Avamere. We are hiring temporary workers to assist with caring for our patients and residents and assist our staff with meeting their needs. You do not need to be licensed or trained prior to this — we will help get you the training you need so you can jump in and help. Come find your next passion with us.