Excellent opportunity for bilingual candidates to earn extra income and could lead to a position with more hours and benefits.This is a part time position that will fill in when regular staff is out. It is classifed as temporary with an end date of 12/31/19, however, it may continue after that.
Are you a people person who has a passion for customer service excellence? Do you work best in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy using your bilingual skills to improve the lives of others? If your answer is 'yes' then we need you on our pharmacy team at Toppenish Medical-Dental Clinic!
What you'll do:
- Assist with the operations of the pharmacy - assisting customers, operating the cash register (not including filling prescriptions)
- Provide excellent customer service to our patients
- Work as needed during pharmacy hours Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm, when regular employees are out
- You may have opportunities to earn additional income occasionally, filling in at other nearby pharmacies
What we offer:
- Build working relationships with the pharmacy team that can lead to a position with regular hours and benefits
- Become part of a committed team
- Washington State Pharmacy Assistant License within 60 days of employment
- Current Washington State drivers license and proof of automobile liability coverage
- Your experience working in a pharmacy or other health care setting and clerical skills are a plus
- You are fluent in English and Spanish and can communicate in conversation at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale
- You are able to focus on multiple tasks in a busy pharmacy and maintain attention to the details
- High School Diploma or GED
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.