Job Description:Temporary Contract, 6 Months
Vertex is seeking a talented individual to join our Materials Assessment group in the Engineering & Materials Science Department in Boston, MA. Engineering & Materials Science at Vertex plays a vital role in bridging the gap between new pharmaceutical discoveries and commercial products. The group works to design, validate, and implement predictive models and advanced characterization techniques in the interest of scaling down process development and streamlining formulation design. These approaches are applied to Vertex’s expanding drug development programs from early development up through commercialization.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual able to contribute from a lab-based role. Strong communication and organization skills as well as technical aptitude and creativity are required for success in this position.
- Participate in the planning and execution of experiments to support drug substance and drug product development
- Independent, responsible use of laboratory instruments and sample analysis
- Maintain accurate records and results via a laboratory notebook
- Interpret and communicate summarized results
- B.S degree in materials science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- 0-3 years of relevant industry or laboratory experience
- Strong, documented academic performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to open-ended problems with innovation
- Effective collaboration skills for work within multidisciplinary teams
- Hands-on lab experience with powder or other materials characterization a plus