Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
As a Security Officer your primary responsibility is to build a safe and secure environment for all employees and guests. Providing safety education, enforcing company standards and promoting the highest level of profit protection.
Some of your responsibilities include:
* Patrol all areas of the property, and lock/unlock property entrances as required.
* Assist guests with room access; ADA access; safe lockouts, etc.
* Conduct daily physical hazard inspections, and monitor Closed Circuit Televisions, perimeter alarm system, duress (Area of Refuge) alarms, and fire life safety systems.
* Respond to accidents and contact EMS or coordinate first aid/CPR as required.
* Assist guests and employees during emergency situations.
* Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks or other incidents.
* Diffuse guest and/or employee disturbances.
* Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents.
* Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report.
* Maintain confidentiality and release information only to authorized individuals.
* Conduct investigations and gather evidence. Conduct interviews with relevant parties.
* Complete safety training and certifications.
* Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
* Speak with others using clear and professional language.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, supporting departments to reach common goals (we're all family here!)
* Follow quality assurance expectations and standards.
What You Bring
* Prior experience in Security Officer position or similar preferred.
* Ability to create and maintain an uplifting, welcoming, and safe environment!
* Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
FLSD and NY Security License are required.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.