Apex Systems, the 2nd largest staffing firm, is seeking a Tenable-Nessus Engineer in the Northern Virginia area. This candidate will have experience with vulnerability scanning and be responsible for providing deploying, integrating and configuring Tenable-Nessus. If interested, please send resumes to email@example.com
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will be a Tenable-Nessus Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Deployment team as well as providing selective O&M services to Phase 1 tools for an enterprise CMaaS solution based on Tenable-Nessus.
- Tenable-Nessus Engineer/Administrator
- Installing and Configuring Nessus, Nessus Manager, Nessus Agents, Log Correlation Engine, Nessus Network Monitor, and Security Center on both Linux/Unix and Windows based environments
- Responsible for installing and configuring Nessus Agents
- Secure Tenable server an Enable SSL
- Integrating Tenable products with LDAP, Active Directory, and CyberArk.
- Responsible for the creation of tenable Organizations, Repositories, and Scan Zones.
- Responsible for local and LDAP based user management.
- Responsible for configuring tenable plugins/feeds and adding audit files
- Responsible for licensing the product both online and offline.
- Responsible for adding scan policies, audit policies, and credentials to Security Center, and Nessus Manager.
- Responsible for configuring Nessus Manager scan pulls to Security Center
- Responsible for importing and adding dashboards
- Tenable-Nessus Security Analyst
- Responsible for defining scan policies and audit policies
- Responsible for adding scan credentials
- Responsible for Scheduling scans
- Responsible for Generating Scan Reports
- Responsible for the Analysis and validation of the scan results.
- Responsible the Monitoring the dashboards.
- Responsible for defining and configuring dashboards
More About the Role:
- Limited oversight from manager
- Provides status reports at least weekly and monthly and complete other reporting requirements as required for overall program reporting requirements
- Develops and maintains the relevant portions of the Service Operations Handbook specific to Identity & Access Management tools
- Holds team members accountable for following published SOPs
- Communicates within the project area or technical department on matters that involve obtaining or providing technical information requiring some explanation or interpretation
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance and DHS EOD as a condition of employment
- US Citizenship Required
- BA/BS or equivalent years of experience and 10 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of related Identity Management tools engineering experience, including installing, configuring and troubleshooting experience with one or more of these tools:
- CA PAM
- One or more active certification listed below:
- Tenable Certificate of Proficiency
- SailPoint Certified IdentityIQ Engineer
- SailPoint Certified IdentityIQ Architect
- CyberArk Trustee certification (Level 1)
- CyberArk Defender certification (Level 2)
- CyberArk Sentry certification (Level 3)
- CyberArk Guardian certification (Level 4)
- CA PAM Proven Support Professional
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Relevant DHS or .Gov Cyber Security focused experience
- Working knowledge of Service Now and/or Remedy Ticket Management Systems.
- Security+ Certification, MCSE, MCSA, CISSP, or better
- Detail oriented – must be able to recognize critical elements of successful operations and then hold themselves accountable for meeting those critical elements.
- Flexibility – The environment is very dynamic. You will be expected to keep up with the changing environment while ensuring a high level of operational effectiveness
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178