Tennis Camp Counselor
Arthur M. Glick JCC of Indianapolis
6701 Hoover Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46260
When you think of LOVE do you think of . . .TENNIS? Are you an ACE on the court assisting young players to learn and perfect their game? Is your APPROACH working with campers ages 5 - 13 to RALLY them to have fun, learn or develop their game and make new friends? If this sounds like GAME SET MATCH to you, then working at the JCC Tennis Camp this summer is the job for you!
The JCC Tennis program is committed to the development of players of all ages and abilities. Open to members and non-members, our program encourages tennis as a lifetime sport. We focus not only on skills and competition but also on enjoying the game.Minimum Qualifications:
- Run day to day tennis activities with players ranging from ages 6 and 7 to 13.
- Teach various tennis fundamentals and concepts, run drills, orchestrate activities, and other creative events.
- Maintain player safety at all times including teaching proper usage of equipment, ensuring cooperation of players, explaining, teaching and enforcing rules and discipline when appropriate and necessary.
- Report to Director of Racquet Sports disclosing all necessary details including but not limited to player safety, player development, drill feedback etc.
- Maintain an open line of communication, fair relationship with all players and coworkers, and an openness to feedback.
- Assist the Director of Racquet Sports on occasion with various other tasks including administrative work.
- Other related duties assigned by the Director of Racquet Sports.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations governing the use of facility, equipment, and property.
- Counselor will learn valuable leadership skills: how to create organize, and successfully lead a group activity.
- Counselor will develop organization skills and communication skill both with players and supervisor.
- Counselor will learn how to think and work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Should be able to think on their feet and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Considers themselves a good leader who is open to feedback, a good listener and empathic and attentive to the needs of all the players.
- Likes to spend time interacting with young players of various ages and abilities.
- Familiarity working or interacting with children.
- Organized and attentive to detail in order to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all players.
- Enjoys the outdoors, being active, and having fun.
- Previous tennis experience a plus.
- Full time job, 40 hours a week.
- Exhibit high energy, a positive attitude, and professionalism.
- Physically fit, high stamina.
- Maintain current CPR/AED Certification.
- Experienced tennis player
Physical Demands & Working Environment
- Must possess strength, endurance, visual and auditory ability required to maintain constant supervision of campers;
- Effective and clear communication is essential between campers and staff;
- Noise level can be moderate to loud;
- Frequent exposure to outside elements, such as sun exposure, heat, humidity and rain;
- Must be able to perform essential activities which may include: standing for long periods of time; walking outdoors extended distances; traverse some uneven and/or hilly terrain; swim and/or be exposed to chlorinated water & sun screen;
- Must be able to perform essential duties specific to tennis play on the courts which includes but is not limited to: walking, running, jumping, repetitive motion of hands, arms, and shoulders.
- Must have the ability to physically manage and support children when necessary for safety during tennis camp activities (children weighing 50 - 100 lbs.).
For over 100 years, members of the Indianapolis community have enjoyed a diverse range of services for all ages and interests at the JCC Indianapolis. With recreational, educational and social programs and facilities that include a fitness center, water park, therapy pool, early childhood education center, art gallery, indoor tennis center, basketball courts and more, you can't help but find something to love at the JCC Indianapolis. For more information, visit www.jccindy.org