The Tennis Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping the courts clean on a daily basis, free from trash and debris. Windscreens will be installed when needed or reattached when pulled from the fencing, nets will be replaced when worn and court benches will be repaired when broken. Lighting fixtures will be inspected routinely and kept in working order. Lines will be replaced along with resurfacing the courts. Must be flexible to working days, early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Brushes and lines clay courts.
2. Empties trash.
3. Fills water coolers.
4. Scarify courts.
5. Fix wind screens.
6. Puts tennis supplies together.
7. Replaces court lines and top dress courts with new material.
8. Uses blower to blow off debris from courts.
9. Dry courts to be ready for play if wet.
10. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and Experience Requirements High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of tennis and enthusiasm for the game of tennis preferred. Experience in tennis maintenance preferred Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is open and operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Employees are required to be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Valid driver’s license that has been in effect for at least three years, with no major violations and no more than two minor violations in the past three years.
Language Skills Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Technical and other essential duties:
Ability to use power tools and make general carpentry repairs. Assists in maintaining equipment in good working conditions, i.e. golf cart. Pressure washes decks, sidewalks, entrances, etc. Assist with hurricane preparation of property. Ensures all safety precautions and procedures are followed while performing duties. Performs all responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills. Monitor and maintain sprinkler system for all courts, working through director of tennis for needed repairs. Maintain ball machines, hoppers, ball carts and any other member and teaching equipment. Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
Ability to lift 30-80 lbs. Must be able to work in hot and cold conditions, summer months heat and humidity can be very high. Ability to kneel, crouch, squat, climb, stand, sit, balance, reach, bend, push, pull and walk for prolonged periods. Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
1. Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
2. Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
3. Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
4. Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
5. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
6. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
7. Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
8. Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
9. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
10. Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
11. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
12. Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
13. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
14. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
15. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
16. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
17. Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
18. Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.