Reliable Tank Line LLC is a common carrier of petroleum products. We provide service for all of North Carolina, northern South Carolina, eastern Virginia and eastern Tennessee. Reliable Tank Line has a strong culture that promotes training and safety from the top down. To learn more about us and view our operating areas, please visit us at www.Reliabletankline.com.
Description – The Terminal Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the terminal. He/She is responsible for the hiring, firing, and direct supervision of all drivers and office personnel. The Terminal Manager is responsible for making judgment decisions that directly effect load responsibilities for drivers to meet customer needs. The Terminal Manager will daily make sound decisions to direct, re-direct, and stop all process of fuels as needed per the needs of the business. He/She is responsible for ensuring the delivery of loads to customers thru communication and direction to the tanker drivers. The Terminal Manager will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Reliable Tank Line.
- Determines the amount of work that can be completed by each driver during a shift, while ensuring that all drivers are in compliance with DOT regulations (hours of service).
- Prioritizes loads for daily work schedule based on customer needs and requests.
- Inventory Control
- Determines product delivers for all inventory control customers. Dispatches the type of product, the amount of product, and the time frame that loads will be delivered to each location. Communicates with the drivers with details of these loads as needed.
- Trip Tickets
- Generates trip tickets that direct the driver as to what product to load. This information includes the customer name, location, product, amount, and time frame for the load to be delivered by the driver.
- Price Sheet
- Generates a daily “price sheet” by retrieving information from a computer generated program. This information determines where drivers will load a product they have been dispatched based on price.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring e-logs are correct and in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Coordinates efforts with all appropriate individuals for mechanical failures and/or truck maintenance.
- Coordinates efforts within RTA to ensure proper submission of maintenance invoices and work orders.
- Coordinates efforts with all appropriate individuals for any accidents and/or product spills.
- Customer Relations
- Coordinates with all customers on supply, allocation, and terminal outages and makes decisions based on customer needs.
- Human Resources Functions
- Responsible for the hiring and discipline of all drivers and office personnel, counsels, supervises and directs employees as needed and conducts yearly evaluations.