Territory Business Development Manager (Entry to Mid-Level Sales)
The Territory Business Development Manager proactively and systematically pursues new customer opportunities in the designated geographic areas or markets. The position is responsible for initiating business conversations with organizations to understand software licensing needs and identifying and developing strategic relationships with potential customers. The Territory Business Development Manager will develop of a strong pipeline of new customers and projects in accounts through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting. Projects will range from specific platform based campaigns to targeted geographic areas.
- Build and maintain 30 small to mid market buying accounts in designated territory.
Utilize various software applications such as CRM and NAVision to optimize efficiency and performance.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of leading industry trends through ongoing training with software publishers.
- Establish and expand relationships with key executives and decision makers within each customer and territory.
- Develop and maintain exceptional consultative relationships with existing customers.
- Manage quote creation, order processing, and day-to-day customer requests. Work with operations and procurement to fulfill all contracts and orders and to close deals.
- Act as key resources for leading industry volume license offerings.
- Develop, present and implement plans for acquiring new customers and traction in your assigned area including activity breakdowns, performance milestones, resource requirements, and expense budget.
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university preferred.
- 1-3 years professional sales experience is preferred but not required.
- Telesales experience preferred.
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills required.
- Highly motivated and results oriented; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of: operational policies and procedures; customer service and value/solution selling methodologies; developing and maintaining long-term business relationships; terminology and practices of software as they relate to the business development process.
- Ability to: analyze data, identify trends and develop recommendations for improvement; research and solve complex, multi-faceted problems; engage in advanced networking; target marketing to specific channel prospects; demonstrate solutions for a customer; work independently and show initiative; maintain a positive attitude; demonstrate ownership of all duties and responsibilities; handle large volumes of work and meet tight deadlines; adapt to and embrace change in a rapidly changing environment; lead and mentor by example; maintain and promote good client relations; maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Skill in: basic salesmanship; negotiation; relationship building; verbal and written communication; problem solving; research customer and product information; planning, scheduling, and organizing work; multitasking; and time management.
Why work here?
- Our company is innovating, fast and cares deeply about finding, hiring, developing and retaining superstar talent.
- Employees are empowered to do their jobs with passion, creativity, and ownership.
- We live and breathe our core values!
- Free lunch, healthy snacks and drinks
- Frosty Fridays
- We pay part of your phone bill every month!
- You get your birthday off
- President’s Club