General Purpose of Position:
- Field-based Territory Business Managers (TBM) will be responsible for the successful launch and rapid market adoption of Spritam and any other additional products which may be assigned within their respective territories. Field-based TBM will conduct in-office (face to face) sales calls and virtual (tele-sales) selling based upon business needs within each territory.The TBM will mentor up to 2 in-house tele-sales representatives. To be successful, the Field-based TBM should be a competitive, highly driven self-starter who has been successful in either (1) navigating the institutional pharmaceutical sales process, ideally possessing existing, positive, relationships with Child Neurologists and Neurologists who treat Epilepsy or (2) a strong, proven record of accomplishment in a business-to-business sales environment. In addition to the qualities and experience required, each TBM should be ethically and morally sound individuals who will verbally and behaviorally represent the company's values and passion to everyone they interact with.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve growth objectives for unique prescribers, market share, NRx/RRx/TRx, and all financial metrics through personal promotion of the company's brand products, conducted via a mix of face-to-face and telesales initiatives.
- Mentor up to 2 designated tele-sales representatives including participate in the training, coaching, performance management, and employee retention with an eye toward continuous improvement and employee development.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of the territory business drivers such as prescriber landscape, market access (office access and managed care access), key opinion leader activity, regional advocacy group activity, business opportunities, challenges and threats to inform management on areas for growth and opportunity.
- Develop and maintain effective strong working relationships with strategic partners, key accounts and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) within the Field to promote and sustain brand loyalty while influencing prescribing decisions.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of product(s) and technology understanding of all assigned products, disease states, treatment regimes, competitor products, market and industry.
Travel required; approximately 50%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Business Acumen understanding business principles and practices relevant to building strong, productive relationships, leveraging strong emotional and situational awareness in order to more effectively drive the business
- Organization- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of appointments, sales calls, follow-up calls, samples, key account contacts, etc.
- Time Management Ability to set priorities and workflow to accomplish day to day tasks in a timely manner.
- Leadership skills ability to influence the actions of those not without a direct reporting relationship.
- Strategic implementation ability to understand and implement corporate and account strategies
- Problem solving/analytical skills ability to analyze a wide variety of data including sales and market data to make business decisions.
- Relationship building skills ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with key thought leaders and build trust with others in order to increase competitive advantage
- Communication ability to communicate ideas, data both verbally and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner including strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Industry Knowledge understands the pharmaceutical industry and the prescription drug distribution and reimbursement process.
- Product Knowledge cognitive ability to learn, understand, and communicate complex scientific and medical information; Face to face or virtually
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university 2 years pharmaceutical industry experience and/or strong Business-to-Business Sales experience with a proven track record of success.
- 2 years successful pharmaceutical industry experience specific to the Epilepsy market preferred
- 3 years successful business-to-business sales experience preferred
- Recent and relevant experience within an institutionally focused CNS pharmaceutical market and environment a plus
Physical Factors and Environment:
Required to sit, talk, see and hear. Occasionally required to walk, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must use hands and fingers to operate computer. Must have the ability to adjust focus for unplanned activities and other duties as assigned. Daily contact requires courtesy, discretion, and sound judgment. The work environment is indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. Prasco is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.