We are guided by our five core values, that shape the way we work, every day: Improve Care, Deliver Results, Grow Together, Own It and Do What’s Right. We are a global Group, with over 9,000 employees and in 2019, our Group generated revenues of over $1.827 billion. To learn more about ConvaTec, please visit www.convatecgroup.com.
Our search for better is changing the lives of our customers. It’s changing the careers of our people too – creating new challenges and opportunities all the time. We’re a business that never stands still. Join us as a Territory Manager and you won’t either.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for driving the commercial success of the Advanced Wound Care’s best in class portfolio of chronic care products within a defined geographic area. You understand the importance of working with a team and will foster team effectiveness and accomplishment of goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information to optimize business strategies and drive overall sales within the territory.
Your Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and sell portfolio of Chronic products; understand competitive landscape to achieve sales results, quotas/targets and profitability goals
- Develop new target accounts, establish new business and increase sales of current accounts
- Develop and maintain business plans (i.e., weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) by analyzing territory performance, sales and reports to identify the needs of specific accounts and discuss issues with Regional Sales Manager or Area Sales Director to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals. Identify, prioritize, pull-through, and close opportunities
- Ensure effective utilization of the products by all trained HCPs within assigned territory
- Network and build relationships spanning multiple care settings across Acute facilities and Wound Care Centers (i.e. Nursing Units, Physician Offices, Care Coordinators, etc.), and use information gathered to build territory strategy
- Maintain thorough knowledge and capabilities of the Company’s products, channels and methods of distribution
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of clinical evidence and articulate our evidence-based value proposition
- Demonstrate clinical understanding of Advanced Wound Care dressings
- Optimize the utilization of educational and KOL events (i.e. Examples are Trade Shows, Local Presentation at OR Department Meetings, Educational Meals)
- Develop and cultivate KOL relationships
- Keep regional manager informed of territory progress on a regular basis
- Undertake effective calendar planning and time management skills
- Attend national, regional, and local meetings as required. Represent ConvaTec in a professional manner at scheduled meetings
- Adhere to T&E Travel Policy, Company’s compliance policy and Standards of Business Conduct & Ethics including relevant industry Codes of Practice
Hospitals, Physicians, WOCNs, Physician Office, Wound Care Clinics, US Marketing, ASDs/RSMs, Sales Leadership Team, Channel Management Team, Corporate/Strategic Accounts Team
Travel Requirements: 50% of the time
As an innovative thinker with strong learning agility and a hunter mentality, you bring a demonstrated track record of success in sales, along with your ability to network effectively at all levels, and to navigate through complex sales cycles while also managing multiple call points in a fast-paced, competitive environment. You utilize your positive attitude and problem-solving skills to build long-term, productive customer relationships while interacting with Physicians, WOCNs and other HCPs. As we continue to move into a more digital world, your strong presentation skills both virtually (through MS Teams/Zoom) and in-person will be vital to your success.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in B2B or Medical Sales required in a complex selling environment.
- Demonstrated success in a highly competitive, aggressive, growth sales environment preferred
- Experience selling in Acute facilities preferred
- Experience selling in a complex, matrix environnent preferred
- Documented history of sales success with stack rankings, awards
- Experience selling through distributors is preferred
- Proficient in positioning and coaching to a Health Economics based solution
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams etc.)
- Exhibits ConvaTec’s Values & Behaviors
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license required
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the assigned territory area
- Will spend a significant amount of time traveling
- May have to work evenings & weekends
- Normal hearing, visual acuity and manual dexterity are required to listen, speak, read, write, use telephone, work with computer and handle files and sample products.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy objects sometimes weighing up to forty (40) pounds.
Our progress will give you countless opportunities to move forward too. Seek out new challenges, and you’ll find them. Stretch your thinking, and you’ll find new ways to make an impact. And if you embrace the opportunity to drive your own growth, you could go further, and achieve more, than ever before.
This is a big step forward.
This is work that’ll move you.
ConvaTec provides equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, genetic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: ConvaTec is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any ConvaTec employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of ConvaTec. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.