Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and sell portfolio of Advanced Wound Care, Skin Care, and Continence/Critical Care products to achieve sales results, quotas/targets and profitability goals
- Develop new target accounts, establish new business and increase sales of current accounts
- Develop and maintain action plans (i.e., weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) by analyzing territory performance, sales and reports to identify the needs of specific accounts and discuss issues with Regional Sales Manager or Area Sales Director to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals
- Ensure effective utilization of the products by all trained HCPs within assigned territory
- Network across multiple care settings (i.e. Wound Care Clinics, Physician Offices, WOCN, Infection Prevention, Critical Care Departments, Nursing Units, VAT, etc.) and use information gathered to build and maintain effective territory strategy
- Maintains thorough knowledge and capabilities of the Company’s products, channels and methods of distribution
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of clinical evidence and articulate our evidence based value proposition
- Demonstrate clinical understanding of Acute/Chronic Wound Healing process
- Optimize the utilization of educational and KOL events (i.e. Trade Shows, Local Presentations/ Department Meetings, Educational Meals)
- Develop and cultivate KOL relationships
- Keeps regional manager informed of territory progress on a regular basis
Undertakes effective calendar planning and time management skills
Attend national, regional, and local meetings as required. Represent ConvaTec in a professional manner at scheduled meetings.
Adheres to T&E Travel Policy, Company’s compliance policy and Standards of Business Conduct & Ethics including relevant industry Codes of Practice
- Hospitals, WOCNs, Physicians, Infection Prevention, Value Analysis, Wound Care Clinics, US Marketing, ASDs/RSMs, Sales Leadership Team, Channel Management Team, Corporate/Strategic Accounts Team
Travel Requirements: Yes – 80% of the time
Language Skills Required: English
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Two plus years’ experience in B2B or Medical Sales required in a complex selling environment
- Demonstrated success in a highly competitive, aggressive, growth sales environment preferred
- Documented history of sales success with stack rankings, awards
- Experience selling through distributors is preferred
- Ability to interact with and develop mutually beneficial relationships with key customers, decisions makers & thought leaders
- Strong presentation skills (i.e. varying audience size and type)
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of success in sales
- Proven ability to build long term, productive customer relationships
- Ability to network effectively at all levels is required
- Demonstrated success with a complex sales cycle and multiple calls points
- Must have a positive attitude and proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Exhibits ConvaTec’s Values & Behaviors (Caring for People, Earns Trust, Driving Innovation & Excellence)
- Incumbent will spend significant amount of time traveling
- May have to work evenings & weekends
- Normal hearing, visual acuity and manual dexterity are required to listen, speak, read, write, use telephone, work with computer and handle files and sample products.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy objects sometimes weighing up to forty (40) pounds.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license required
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the assigned territory area
ConvaTec provides equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, genetic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: ConvaTec is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any ConvaTec employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of ConvaTec. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.