About BlueLinx Holdings Inc.BlueLinx (NYSE: BXC) is a leading wholesale distributor of building and industrial products in the United States with over 50,000 branded and private-label SKUs, and a broad distribution footprint servicing 40 states. BlueLinx has a differentiated distribution platform, value-driven business model and extensive cache of products across the building products industry. Headquartered in Marietta, Georgia, BlueLinx has over 2,200 associates and distributes its comprehensive range of structural and specialty products to approximately 15,000 national, regional, and local dealers, as well as specialty distributors, national home centers, industrial, and manufactured housing customers.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Identifies new sales opportunities with new and existing customers. Sales efforts typically focus on selling program business.
- Maximizes sales efforts by focusing sales time on largest most profitable opportunities (may include segmenting account list).
- Improves profitability, product penetration and product mix with all customers.
- Qualifies sales opportunities through market / customer research and teaming with inside sales representatives.
- Develops sales solutions and competitive pricing strategies. Communicates value proposition to customers. Proposes sales solutions to customers and reevaluate solutions where necessary.
- Close sales opportunities by gaining purchase order and executing all order fulfillment procedures.
- Provides outstanding customer service and post sales satisfaction facilitating long term relationships for repeat business with customers.
Market, product and customer knowledge; consultative selling skills. Strong planning, organization, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills. Knowledge of the organization’s policies. A solid level of knowledge is needed in account management, scheduling, customer support and service, product knowledge, product pricing, sales support, warehousing, distribution, transportation and records. Must be an aggressive self motivated individual. Possesses basic telephone skills with the ability to identify key issues, evaluate facts and recommend appropriate action. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant sales systems technology.