Pet Food Experts is the leading distributor of pet food and supplies to independent retailers in the US. We are looking for a Territory Manager to join our Midwest Territory! This position will cover all of Michigan.
By creating a supportive culture that embraces teamwork and individuality, Pet Food Experts isn't just a team - we are a family of pet lovers passionate about supporting our customers coast-to-coast!
Benefits and Perks of joining the PFX Team:
- Full benefits package offered after the first month of employment (medical, dental, vision and life insurance)
- Flexible approach to personal time off that is non-accrued and paid holidays
- 401(k) matching program
- Employee discount on pet food & supplies
- Casual and collaborative team focused work environment
- Compensation: Straight salary; monthly auto and telecommunications allowances
- Daily travel required for field coverage, corporate meetings and trade shows (including out-of-state travel and some overnights to allow for proper coverage of region)
- Meetings and business demands especially during peak times may require work hours outside of normal working hours
The Territory Manager is responsible for delivering Pet Food Experts’ sales objectives within assigned territory.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Pet Food Expert’s brands & products, market conditions, and retailer strategies to maximize selling efforts.
- Achieve Pet Food Experts territory sales objectives by building sustainable, profitable sales growth through successful execution of Vendor Development category/brand strategies and programs with Retailers.
- Develop and implement business plans for high-value Retailers utilizing Tableau data to analyze the business and identify the biggest growth opportunities.
- Execute Pet Food Experts standard 30-day rolling Sales process to optimize selling time and sales growth.
- Build strong business relationships with key Retailers, Vendor Partners, and community thought leaders in the territory to achieve market share leadership.
- Work collaboratively with Regional Sales Manager, peers, and Vendor Partners to develop sustainable retailer relationships and sales growth.
- Foster commitment to Pet Food Experts brands/products to develop Retailer supporters/champions within the territory to deliver territory sales objectives.
- Coordinate data-driven sales plans utilizing Tableau, and collaborate with RSM, Vendor Partners, and peers to ensure successful execution.
- Build sustainable relationships with high-value Retailers to gain support of Pet Food Experts and our brands.
- Execute Vendor Development plans to drive new sales through customer prioritization, call routing, call planning, in-store protocol, and follow up processes.
- Maintain current records of contacts and calls utilizing Hubspot.
- Maximize industry, brand/product, and program knowledge, including competitive information.
- Educate and train customers to increase their knowledge of our brand/product portfolio, emphasizing features and benefits to maximize sales.
- Collaborate with the Pet Food Experts Outside/Inside Sales teams by sharing information, ideas, opportunities and best practices.
- Encourage Retailer and Vendor Partner support of Pet Food Experts shows and events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong business acumen, as well as demonstrated sales, negotiation and teamwork experience.
- Work in an environment where individuals take accountability to impact the company’s bottom-line performance
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with multiple levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to achieve deadlines and responsibilities
- Work both autonomously and in a collaborative team environment
- Self motivated with effective time management skills.
- Creative and analytical thinking skills
- Computer proficiency, Google Suite, preferred
- Education Bachelor’s Degree BA or BS (preferably in business or life sciences)
- Experience Minimum 3 years of Sales and or Business to Business Sales experience with demonstrated mastery of the job accountabilities.
- Clean driving record as verified by MVR (initial and annual review and approval of MVR)
- Meetings and business demands during peak times may require work hours outside of normal working hours, including some weekends.
- Travel required for field coverage, Retailer events, company and training meetings, as well as customer appreciation, trade show, and industry events.
If you have the qualifications and enthusiasm to join our Pet Food Experts Team, please apply for this position by going to our website, www.petfoodexperts.com, and visit our Careers page to complete an application. We are not able to speak to all applicants personally, however if we would like to reach you, we will contact you directly. Thank you for your interest!