The Territory Operations Manager oversees execution of key store operations processes, programs, and training for assigned Region in accordance with approved Company policies and procedures, in order to drive operational excellence across all Districts and deliver on sales, profit, and the customer service culture.
**This position supports Store Operations and is a field based position in the Northeast.
- Drives operational strategies of the Company through coaching, teaching & training of Districts & Stores to consistently achieve high level execution within targeted operational priorities:
- Evaluates operational metrics at regional level to determine underperforming District & Store locations showing unfavorable trends across key operational categories.
- Through partnership with Field Leadership, ensures appropriate actions are in place to improve execution by assessing in-store actions and results to ensure high degrees of execution and compliance are sustained.
- Supports operational execution across the Company as directed by Senior Operations Director and/or business needs.
- Trains stores to improve, and develops targeted operational action plans to meet or beat standards across targeted areas of focus.
- Provides District Leadership training on key priorities to drive operational results.
- With partnership of District Manager, holds store team accountable for executing operational programs/processes and delivering results.
- Evaluates training execution and opportunities to ensure operations training is completed for store associates and follows up with Store leadership to set a timeline for all outstanding training.
- Provides targeted feedback to Regional Vice Presidents & District Managers through formal & documented means.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Core Competencies of a Growth Mindset, Thinking Critically, Driving Results, and Accountability needed
- 10-15 Years of Retail and/or multi-unit leadership experience
- Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word proficiency required
- Ability to lead teams and drive results without direct reporting relationships
- College degree or higher
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.