The Territory Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of customer facing activities including product inquiry information, pricing/quoting, order delivery, technical support, inside sales, and project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides an excellent customer experience by promptly responding to customer needs, meeting commitments, soliciting customer feedback for improvement, and answering service requests for assigned territories.
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners to ensure understanding of customer objectives and uses feedback to meet customer expectations.
- Be creative, insightful, and versatile, with the ability to manage high workload and work through aggressive project schedules.
- Uses discretion and independent judgement in resolving non-standard customer issues and requests to achieve business objectives.
- Share knowledge and design through presentations to internal audiences, including Sales (including Architectural and Design [A&D]) members, manufacturing reps and dealers.
- Collaborates with the Sales Team to understand the client and/or design firm objectives.
- Coordinates sites visits with opportunities for executing rep trainings, and the other events as deemed necessary as part of the sales process
- Demonstrate extensive Nucraft product knowledge.
- Project Manage large, complex projects and/or accounts within territory from entry through delivery and customer issue resolution.
- Resolves customer issues ranging from straight forward to complicated with substantial financial implications.
- Leads impactful improvement initiatives that may have large scope that relate to corporate business plan.
- Creates replacement pricing on piece parts using the CTP tool, CAP, or additional software solutions
- Approves or waives change fees/cancelation costs
- Supports team members with difficult situations.
- Supports team members in absence of the manager by leading team meetings, assisting team members with elevated customer issues, or attending meetings on the managers' behalf.
- Support the success of new team members with training on processes and software.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives and in some instances Territory Project Manager must also meet the essential skills of the Territory Representative.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Associates Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four - Six years customer service experience, including three years project management experience of medium-scale projects.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Detail Orientated - Ability to focus on project details; completes detailed administrative tasks correctly while prioritizing work activities to use time efficiently.
- Communications Clearly expresses ideas and thoughts both verbally and in writing; exhibits good listening and comprehension; able to read and interpret written information, selects and uses appropriate communication methods. Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work equally well as member of project team or independently.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Reasoning: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: Possess knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to adapt to new technologies as needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust.
- Achievement Focus - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities.
- Ethics -Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational goals and values.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.