Champro® is a privately-owned sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 30+ years. We deliver high-value, traditional & innovative athletic equipment and apparel via outstanding, integrity-driven customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best overall values in team sports products. We are currently looking for an energetic Territory Sales Manager for the states of Arkansas & Louisiana.
Act as a front-line sales representative to and between the dealers within the assigned territory and Champro. Manage the sales process with these dealers including but not limited to presenting product, closing and generating sales, securing booking and in-season orders, training road and store personnel and provide ongoing customer service to the dealers.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Travel within the assigned territory presenting the line and building relationships with new and existing customers.
- Work from a home/office location in the territory and be expected to be on the road within their territory at least 75% of the time visiting existing and prospective customers in the territory.
- Travel to CHAMPRO headquarters as needed, but likely to be about 3 to 4 times a year.
- Present, sell and service all accounts at least 4-6 times per year, consistent with the key sell in times for the sports we participate in.
- Support the company at trade shows during the year as needed.
- Provide merchandising and product knowledge to all customers in the territory including their road sales team.
- Conduct grass roots business development to schools, leagues and local sports organizations, steering them to our brand through local supporting dealers.
- 3+ years of relevant team sales experience in manufacturing & Sporting Goods industry preferred.
- History of working in high volume, fast-paced customer-oriented environment.
- Must reside in the Territory assigned.
- Strong track record of accomplishments and results.
- Ability to understand/analyze customer’s needs and take necessary steps to meet those needs.
- Independent self-starter, effective team player with creative problem solving and decision-making skills to help the organization achieve its earnings objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate needs.
- Ability to instantly build rapport.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Organizational skills.
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Understands general business principles.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Competitive compensation package including salary, holidays, vacation and sick time,
- Full benefits program with medical, virtual medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, gym reimbursement, 401K and profit-sharing.
- Bonus plan for achieving sales growth goals.
- Collaborative atmosphere working together to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Ability to grow your career within an organization that values development and internal career growth.
- Equal Opportunity Employer bringing together diverse individuals to develop new and innovative solutions.