Responsible for meeting or exceeding budgeted sales of Springs Window Fashions products to home fashions dealers / interior decorators / designers and builders within their assigned territory. Also, the individual will solicit and maintain favorable contacts with current and potential dealers / decorators / designers and builders within a sales territory.
* [70%] Call on window covering / home fashion dealers, interior decorators / designers and builders within an assigned territory and increase sales of SWF products.
* [10%] Conduct sales training and seminars to create favorable acceptance of SWF products.
* [5%] Consistently handle customer complaints with diplomacy, tact and understanding to maintain customer loyalty and friendship.
* [5%] Develop and maintain competitive analysis to include product details, product pricing, marketing strategies and strengths/weaknesses. Keep informed of competitive activities and communicate competitive environment within territory to Business Unit Manager.
* [5%] Keep accurate up-to-date records; report expenses as required. Uphold company guidelines regarding travel and entertainment to assure profitable operation. Understand and adhere to company sales & personnel policies and procedures.
* [5%] Attend training sessions and sales meetings to expend product knowledge, and understanding of company operations. Recommend product improvement of Marketing.
Education and Experience
* Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
* 2 years sales experience required, 4+ years of experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must have excellent sales personality - even tempered, aggressive, sincere, outgoing and friendly
* Must possess basic understanding of human behavior and communicate verbally with confidence and expertise
* Must be able to travel regularly by car and occasionally by commercial airline
* Depending on the territory, some positions may require 2 -5 nights of overnight travel each month
* Should have good, basic analytical and mathematical ability and good organizational skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Creative selling is essential; must have imagination and innovative ideas in order to recognize and respond to customer’s needs
* Communications must be carefully planned and timed. Must sell self as well as product, which necessitates promptness and a projection of cheerfulness, consideration and sincerity
* Represent SWF in a manner that adds value to the product offering