Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
This role can be remote based in the area west of the Mississippi River near an airport with connections to a major hub. Will also consider Chicago as possible remote location east of the Mississippi River. The territory responsibilities will include the Western US and Canada.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is an individual contributor responsible for leading and managing the territory sales rep organizations to support the group’s business goals. Accountable for the achievement of in territory revenue goals by sales rep organization, product, and customer. Will lead the development and promotion of knowledge, acceptance, and use of company products by users and purchasers. Responsible for building and maintaining key internal and external relationships. Establishes account strategy for internal team and rep organization and keeps all levels informed on key issues and opportunities.
- This position reports to the Channel Sales Director and has no direct or indirect reports
- Travel, up to 50% (domestic primarily) is required for this position
- Consistently meet or exceed assigned revenue goals
- Provide consistent and accurate market intelligence and customer forecasts and reports of activities in territory
- Develop a contracted sales rep organization’s in the Territory Manager's assigned area, capable of marketing products and maintaining the degree of customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain skills in: Motivating and Training People; Time Management; Professional Selling; Negotiation; Data Management; Sales Opportunity Strategy Development; Account Planning; and Networking & Relationship Building
- Provide Voice of the Customer feedback to the organization and drive continuous improvement efforts focused on the customers
- Support the launch activities of new product and services
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships within assigned Territory
- Attend sales meetings, conferences and trade shows
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Responsible for customer communications and targeted new client development
- Serve as main point of contact for key customers
- Responsible for client development
- Focused on forecasting, price management, quote process management, and competitive analysis
- Leads proposal process – Customer Segmentation, Stakeholder Analysis, SWOT Analysis, and develops account strategy based on account position
- Lead contract negotiations and assist with conflict resolution
- Manage all aspects of Rep relationship including strategy deployment and defining the Rep’s role at key accounts
- Accountable for managing Rep performance
- Identify and drive target engagement of all product families
- Evaluates training needs and co-ordinates with internal resources to develop strategies to meet such needs.
- Completes pre-bid profile on all opportunities
- Drives pre-bid and post-bid follow up from Reps and coordinates with Product Managers
- Evaluates Rep commission structure quarterly
- Completes quarterly territory plans and account plans
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelors with 6+ years of experience in a sales management position with increasing levels of account and territory management responsibilities; or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience; or 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with managing rep firms
- Experience developing and executing account strategies
- Experience with value added selling
- Demonstrated leadership, commercial competencies, cross functional team building and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestically
- Valid US driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to handle delicate customer negotiations
- Ability to use sound judgment in decisions in order to gain customer satisfaction, at the same time protecting the company interest
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present information to management and customers
- The ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Ten years of sales management experience with utilities
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Most of the overnight domestic travel, which represents approximately 50% of the year, is within the assigned territory. Work is typically performed in an office or vehicle setting when traveling to meet with customer. The incumbent is regularly required to sit and/or drive for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and participate in meetings. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.