Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Territory Sales Manager's overall goal is to consistently achieve or surpass Company sales goals. He/she is expected to manage sales operations and achieve results that will increase the market share in the area. Responsible for the attainment of budgeted volume, return percent and expense control within the sales market. Additionally, responsible for implementation and enforcement of all sales operational programs and policies within the market.Directly responsible for the protection of all company assets under assigned jurisdiction, indirectly including security, maintenance and sanitation. All responsibilities apply to all product lines in BBU.
- Coach, lead, and mentor Independent Business Partners and/ or Route Sales Professionals in all facets of route operational activity, including ordering / distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, holiday planning, and meeting customer expectations.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all associates through compliance with BBU safety programs promoted by the company.
- May recruit and orientate independent operators.
- Assists I.B.P.’s and/or RSPs and BBU support group with route splits and route productivity.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records with regard to district/sales volumes, account volumes, promotional volumes, and route volumes on all product lines.
- Maintain accounts receivable and unpaid I.B.P.’s and/or RSPs. balances per policy.
- Maintain and enforce BBU safety and internal audit standards.
- Responsible for meeting district expense and budget targets.
- Solicit potential new business and perform special projects and assignments as requested by Regional Sales Leader and Director of Sales.
- Growing retail sales in their respective territory
- Execution of the sales marketing and merchandising plans
- Lowering returns by guiding their organization through ordering, merchandising and space management
Promoting safety and implementing safety standards and initiatives
- Back-up in the event of the need to run open routes.