Territory Sales Manager - greater Yakima to Prosser/ SE WA I-82
Reports to: Regional Manager
SUMMARY The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) is designated as the primary driver for bringing new customers to Harbor Wholesale within their assigned region. Responsibilities are to grow and develop new business sales by securing new customer purchases in their region. Harbor Wholesale has a superlative team on the ground for full support and training in SE WA. This sales territory is based out of Yakima.
Harbor provides competitive salary, bonus, commissions; full line of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k retirement program with company match; vacation and holidays; and travel/equipment/gas/expenses paid.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Overall performance versus goals and objectives within the assigned territory
- Identify and convert top retailers within assigned region
- Identify and convert chain business within assigned region
- Develop strong relationships with key and chain customers
- Exceed monthly objectives
- Relationship building is a key contributor to the success of the TSM. Being able to develop and take relationships to the next level is critical
- Ability to build and maintain long term relationships with Key Customers secured within the region
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Effective and proven negotiation skills are a must.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to persuade and influence others effectively, in a tactful and professional manner.
- TSM must be a team player, with an ability to solve complex problems working with a team of peers at Harbor Wholesale.
- Must have effective presentation skills, including the ability to use PowerPoint.
- Work requires travel, primarily in assigned region with roughly 20% overnight travel.
- The position requires the ability to conduct business while on the road using mobile technology.
- Knowledge and sales experience within the convenience store industry a must.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, reliable and presentable transportation and required insurance.
- Knowledge of Territory. Must live centrally located within territory.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years sales experience with a proven and successful track record.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment background, drug and MVR screening.