This procedure defines and details the function, reporting relationships, responsibilities, duties and expectations of performance of the Territory Sales and Promotion Manager – of Dunlop Sports Group Americas.
(This position will be based in Florida)
The basic function of the Territory Sales and Promotion Manager is to achieve annual sales targets. Identify new targets and expand distribution within the defined territory. Establish and maintain customer relationships, identify quality-teaching professionals to partner and promote the Dunlop brand. Conduct in store clinics and create a periodic schedule of on court demonstration days all with the objective ensuring product knowledge and supporting customer sell thru and replenishment of Dunlop products. Attend local and regional trade shows, seminars and tournaments. Submit territory reports and market/product feedback according to a defined schedule.
The Territory Sales and Promotion Manager – reports directly to the Director of Sales.
Territory Sales and Promotion Manager is responsible for:
- All Sales Activity for the Racquet Sports Business, primarily tennis, squash and badminton but can also include future category expansion.
- With support of the Marketing Manager, use the marketing and communication tools provided to promote and build a strong presence for the brand within the defined territory.
- Attend product launches and other company meetings to support and introduce new products within the local market place.
- Provide weekly territory report sales and marketing reports, create monthly travel schedule plans and calendar of activities.
- Manage the Advisory Staff Coaches within the defined territory.
- Identify local junior players in all categories that are potential endorsers of Dunlop products.
- Administer provided In-Store POS programs to help product sell through at retail.
- Miscellaneous projects related to sales and promotion development to facilitate growth within the defined territory
An extensive amount of travel should be expected within the territory.
EXPECTATIONS AND MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
Territory Sales and Promotion Manager of Dunlop Sports Group Americas will be deemed to be performing in a satisfactory manner when the following are being accomplished:
- Budget Achievement: Budget achievement is the primary goal. Understanding, planning and measuring progress throughout the year.
- Distribution: Achieving distribution goals by maintaining current and building new points of distribution for all Dunlop categories.
- Improvement in service levels to customer base: Feedback from the customer base through management communication and surveys.
- Territory Promotion: Complete schedule of promotional activities as planned on travel calendar.
- Quality of work: When sales goals are met, marketing assets are deployed and brand presence is visibly credible at desired outlets.
- Teamwork: Good Communication’s and relationships with all departments including Sales, Customer Service and Marketing
- Employee development and attitude: Employee shows growth in job knowledge, versatility, sales abilities and communication skills.
All of the expectations outlined above will be monitored and evaluation by the Director of Sales. When possible, objective quantitative measures will be used.