Job Opening: Territory Sales Representative
Desired Start Date: January 1st, 2019
Leatherman Tool Group Inc. is seeking a Territory Sales Representative that’s responsible for selling our portfolio of products within an assigned geographic territory, focusing on a mix of Outdoor/SHOT and Industrial customers. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, able to build strong relationships and lead sales calls with the buying team or business owner. The TSR is comfortable analyzing sales data, presenting and demonstrating current assortment of tools and recommending products to meet customer’s needs while delivering long and short term sales goals.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales budget.
- Build business plan/s to drive short and long term sales goals for top customers.
- Able to complete weekly business updates, sales presentations for specific tools and knives as well as hands on demonstration and training of retail associates on Leatherman products.
- Analyzing sales data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Execute sales promotions, merchandising programs to grow existing business and capture new image accounts.
- Work with Marketing and the Field Service Team (FSR) to develop and execute promotional plans to drive brand awareness, gain additional brand exposure and participate in customer events.
- Build and leverage relationships with customers to drive Leatherman’s long term business needs by traveling to the customers’ retail location/s, counting peg, providing suggested orders and seek out opportunities to increase sales and brand strength.
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams, field service, operations, marketing, and finance to provide problem solving and troubleshooting for customers when issue arise.
- Participate in sales team presentations where appropriate.
- Maintain current, accurate and detailed data in Salesforce/CRM, providing accurate accounts of sales calls, needs, follow up and potential opportunities.
- Provide weekly and monthly regional report on account status, issues and opportunities for cross functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Product, and FSR’s).
- Participate in annual buy-group/co-op shows while working with cross functional teams to develop merchandising & show programs.
- Participate & staff industry shows like: SHOT, Outdoor Retailer, Co-op or Regional Shows.
- Self-starter mentality, with high motivation and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to build and manage travel schedule on a monthly, weekly, daily call cycle, responsible for calling on and servicing 10-12 customers per week with in territory.
- Ensures accountability (1) – Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaborates (6) – Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Customer focus (11) – Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Instills trust (36) – Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Action oriented (2) – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Builds networks (21) – Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Communicates effectively (7) – Develop and deliver a variety of communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Courage (10) – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Drives results (28) – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Persuades (24) – Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Plans and aligns (25) – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Situational adaptability (31) – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with an emphasis in sales, marketing or business management.
- 3+ year’s sales experience, preferable in the Outdoor /SHOT Industry or Industrial Wholesale Distribution.
- 3+ year’s sales experience calling on independent retailers or industrial wholesale distributors preferred.
- Proficient in Salesforce/CRM.
- Able to extrapolate weekly sales numbers and identify retail trends.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint or Mac equivalent.
- Current valid driver’s licenses and clean driving record required.
- Consist of a base, plus commission with optional bonus based on performance.
- Car & Travel allowance.
- Midwest (IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, SD, WI) Prefer you are based in Chicago
- Northeast (CT, DE, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT) Prefer you are based in Boston or New York
- Southeast (AL, AR, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MS, OK, SC, TN, TX) Prefer you are based in Atlanta
- Mid Atlantic (IN, MD, NC, OH, PA, V) Prefer you are based in Chicago
- West (AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY) Based in California
Physical Demands, Working Conditions/Physical Hazards: Position is field based with up to 75% travel via airplane or vehicle. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand or walk; sit; use hands to handle, grasp, or keyboard; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally climbs; bends, stoops or crouches; lifts; pushes/pulls; and talks and hears. In addition, employee must be able to lift 5 lbs. Occasionally will lift items with a maximum of 55 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a personal home or similar setting. Employee will occasionally be exposed to a production environment. Job requires travel primarily by air and car with lodging in hotels. Trips may have a duration of up to two weeks and call for travel over the weekends. Travel up to 75%.
To Apply: Please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 15-20 minutes, we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please attach a resume and watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information. Click URL to apply:
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Onsite Health Clinic, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, On Premise Gym, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
Pre-employment background check, drug screening for illegal substances only, is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.